Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit Page: Articles - Information not saving properly

Hello,

I have added a couple of articles under sub categories, so I wanted to change the main articles page to just have custom html in the left section and then the channel listings and such in the right.

I used the edit page link, removed all the modules from the main section and saved the page under a new template (so that it doesn't apply to all article pages).

This seemed to reset the "channels" module in the right because it now displays all the channels for forums, blogs, articles, groups etc.... So i went back to edit page, and click edit module....

I set the root channel to articles, and I set the module title to "Articles" and clicked save.... If i re-click edit I can confirm this information is still set. However, if i click save page and save it to a new template, like above, then the module resets back to showing all channels and having a title of "Channels".

I'm running 5.1.7 - Whats going on?

Thanks

You'll need to open a support ticket so we can work to reset the page. Use the link in the footer.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Hello,

I'm starting to lose patience now. I have contacted support and given them the info and login details to my site and heard nothing. So far, its been two years and I still haven't used this software because of bugs.

First I couldn't use guest posting, because if a guest posted on the site, no registered users could reply - I reported that as a bug and it took a year to fix (shocking!!!).

Next, issues with https and the forum software serving css files over http and causing the layout to break - fixed this with a htaccess hack - still a bug.

Now, the first page I have tried to edit, and the features aren't working.

If I had used an open source solution, it would have taken less of my time than this has (with all the "lack-of-support") to get it up and running, and I wouldn't have wasted my time.

I need this fixed - I am using this on my business shop as an online community - I used a commercial product because I wanted the support, quick fixes, etc - I'm getting none of that.

If this can't be fixed I will be demanding a refund.

Comment

Support Technicians have no control over what gets fixed and when. We are aware there are quite a number of outstanding issues in the products and we point these out to Management daily. Ultimately, the Management makes the call on what goes into the next version of the software. I am sorry your bugs are not getting fixed as quickly as you would want. I wish they were fixed more rapidly myself. Unfortunately, there is nothing Support can do about the pace of development. We try to help and get workarounds in place as much as we can do so.

The refund clause in your license is section 6: http://www.vbulletin.com/en/license-agreement/. Again the Support department has no control over this policy.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I understand where you are coming from. At the end of the day it is you and other support technicians that get the abuse from end customers like myself, which is unfair on you but at the same time we are frustrated because we are not getting what we paid for.

There is no way that a year to fix an identified bug in software is acceptable. If it takes a year because there are so many bugs then VBulletin need more staff working on the issues.

If I went to a shop and bought a toaster which couldn't make toast because it had a bug, I wouldn't wait for a year to get a fix so that I could make toast, I would get a refund.

The software is buggy and it is evident from the amount of activity in the forum dedicated to support.

I had a vbulletin 3 license.... If somebody looks back at my support requests they will see that I made none... the software was reliable and if there were issues they were fixed promptly. VBulletin 5 Connect is not ready, and it's obvious. Maybe I made the mistake of buying it when it had just been released, but come on.... 2 years down the line, these issues shouldn't still be happening.

I'm not going to drop my request for a refund unless my issues are addressed quickly... otherwise I will continue to per-sue it.

Comment

Hi Wayne, I replied to the support ticket on the 2nd of Sept, not heard anything since then?

Any news?

Comment