Option to OPEN topic not available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Option to OPEN topic not available

After closing a topic (that I created) I can reopen it immediately after closing it (seems we use ajax here and not a full page reload) but after a normal page reload/refresh the option disappears.

I have been through the admin cp and seem to have all the correct settings (as you can see the option to open the topic does appear initially which would mean the permissions are correct)

Here is a video of the situation, the video starts that moment AFTER I initially close the topic.
    http://screencast.com/t/s3DvWIMrp

We are using 5.1.7 after a recent upgrade from v4

Would suggest upgrading to 5.1.8 to see if the issue goes away.

Comment

Is this a bug that was fixed in 5.1.8 then?

If it was a well known bug then I would think there would be more written about it, I was unable to find any references to it anywhere on the web.

Comment

It's not an issue I have heard of but the advice to upgrade is correct. We can only support the latest version and unrelated fixes to other bugs can often fix strange unknown problems.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
          It's not an issue I have heard of but the advice to upgrade is correct. We can only support the latest version and unrelated fixes to other bugs can often fix strange unknown problems.
          Upgraded to 5.1.8

Problem still occurring. The OPEN option shows immediately after closing a topic but not after a page reload.

Comment

Can anyone help? I could do without going thru the whole codebase to debug it myself.

Thx.

Comment

This isn't something we've seen on a default install so we'd need a support ticket so we can have a look at your specific setup.

Comment

Created ticket 40hrs ago and no reply. Can someone check into it please. Is there any way I can downgrade back to v4, v5 has been a nightmare for us.

Comment

Ticket replies are not instant. We will get to you as soon as we can.
                  There is no way to downgrade vBulletin other than restoring from a backup.

Comment

Can someone take a look at our support ticket again please. It's nearly 4 days since we left our last response on the ticket to your question asking us to check if our channel permissions were ok.

Summary/Recap :

A member a usergroup creates a topic and then closes the topic. The option to open the topic does show immediately after it is closed but if the page is reloaded/refreshed the option disappears.

The usergroup 'in question allows own topics to be opened and closed.

The forum the topic was posted in and all its parents allow own topics to be opened and closed.

Thanks.
                    Last edited by gazzetta; Sun 9 Aug '15, 11:13pm.

Comment

Can we have a link to your forum?

Comment

Hello

After investigation, I can replicate your issue on my demo site.

Accordingly, I have logged a bug:
                        http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-14962

Comment

Thanks Mark.

Can you give me a quick fix for now so that users can go back to the same functionality they had before the upgrade to v5?

Am I the only one who allows users to open and close their own owned topics?

Comment

I
                            Originally posted by gazzetta View Post
                            Thanks Mark.

Can you give me a quick fix for now so that users can go back to the same functionality they had before the upgrade to v5?
                            No, sorry. It requires a developer to fix it. I'm part of the support team, and the support team are not developers.

Comment