Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amending post timestamps - back-end or database...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chandeshparekh
    replied
    Great, many thanks Glenn Vergara

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    Yes, that's allowed.

Leave a comment:

• chandeshparekh
    replied
    Mark and Glenn Vergara many thanks for your responses.

Are you aware if it's possible, under the one license, to set up vBulletin on a sandbox server that is not publicly accessible? That would be great so I can test queries, like you've suggested, without affecting the live site...

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    What Mark said. But if you really want to do...

Code:
    UPDATE node set created=UNIX_TIMESTAMP('2015-07-24 19:15:44') WHERE nodeid=12345
    Change date and nodeid accordingly. Get the nodeid of a post from the topic url. For example, in this post the nodeid is 4325715. If you are using prefix, add it to the table name.

Disclaimer: Use at your own risk. I will not be responsible if your forum breaks. Back up database before doing this. This is untested.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    There's no supported way to do this. The node table will likely have a field but if you edit this and stuff breaks, we won't be able to help and your only option will be to restore from backup.

Leave a comment:

• chandeshparekh
    started a topic Amending post timestamps - back-end or database...

Amending post timestamps - back-end or database...

Hi,

I'm quite new to vBulletin and need to amend the timestamps of a few posts I've added, that were originally made by members on a previous forum platform - so I need to back date the posts.

I've checked both the back-end admin area and the database tables but haven't been able to locate the actual post records.

What's the best way to amend the post timestamps?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
    Chandesh.