Not displaying age: & location:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not displaying age: & location:

I am trying to set up my site to display the members age and location under username/ avatar location in post.
    I went to admin cp> settings> options> topic display options (showthread) and checked: show age, display reputation power, display infrations.
    I still can't get it to show up, am I missing something? or

What have you done to show this?

Should follow the steps here: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=297041
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      What have you done to show this?
      I don't know what you are asking exactly.
      Do I really need to do all of that to display Location and Age in the post area? It comes standard in vBulletin4 without doing all of that nonsense.

Comment

Why would I need to do all that when you have selections in the admin cp to do exactly what i want. (see image)--- location: and age: is something that came standard in previous vbulletins that did not require codes to be added.

**I do not want to add custom profile fields in the post area. All i want to do is show members Location: & Age: under the members username/ avatar. Is that possible without editing codes? If not, I might have purchased the wrong forum software.
        Last edited by beastmode; Tue 30th Jun '15, 5:53pm.

Comment

This is a different version of the software. Things change and I don't think that option actually works anymore. Location is a "custom profile field". It is just one that is installed by default.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
            This is a different version of the software. Things change and I don't think that option actually works anymore. Location is a "custom profile field". It is just one that is installed by default.
            If that is the case then I am very upset with the present version of vBulletin. I was a believer for years that vB was the best forum software. I used it for many years on a site with over 6 million members before I sold it. What made this software so great is it gave the customer (the forum admin & forum members) options to control the board however we wanted. Giving the board options is key. Don't confine us with a message board that only displays content that only vBulletin feels is necessary to display.

I have an idea, when time comes to release vBulletin 6 name it vBulletin Options, instead of vBulletin Connect, we want options. We could care less of new features that we will never use because its buggy. Instead improve the software you already have. In my honest opinion I like vBulletin 5 but its not complete. It's not ready to be advertised as a complete software. I'm not going to whine and ask for my $250 back for a software I will not use but instead I want you to keep my money because obviously vBulletin needs it more than me. Thank you for taking the time to help solve my situation.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X