Spam issue on 5.1.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam issue on 5.1.3

My forum got many spams every day! Do you have any advice to rid those spam off?

You can turn on the spam management tools in the admincp. No system can ever remove spam entirely though.

Also, you should upgrade to 5.1.7.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

I am having the same issue with 5.1.6 atm.

I've tried various ways of preventing spam and spammer account creation, I've arrived at the conclusion that the spam is being manually posted or at least the account creation, its a real pain.

The latest solution I am trialing is moving the spam accounts into a user group that requires moderation before their posts cn be seen rather than straight up banning them. I'm hoping that the spammers won't notice this "Secret Ban" as one of my moderators is calling it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vonlinchen View Post
        The latest solution I am trialing is moving the spam accounts into a user group that requires moderation before their posts cn be seen rather than straight up banning them. I'm hoping that the spammers won't notice this "Secret Ban" as one of my moderators is calling it.
        Just ban them and don't worry about what they think.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post

Just ban them and don't worry about what they think.
          The spam on our forum appears to be manual, banning has no effect as they just register new accounts. The thinking behind the "secret ban" is that they may use the accounts again which means our user base doesn't have the read the spam they post.

Its a longshot but its all we've got left.

Comment

Use StopForumSpam set it up under Settings -> Options -> Spam Management.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X