Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Click the A button above the menu. Just once is all that it needs.

Remove the third-party addon.

Leave a comment:

• SlowStreamer
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    The editor will remember its status now. The above third-party modification is neither supported or actually needed in the with current versions of the vBulletin 5.5 series. This is the problem with replying to old posts. They become irrelevant very quickly as we continue to update the software. 5-6 releases a year changes a lot in a relatively short period of time. The above javascript code is most likely breaking the display of the editor on your vBulletin 5.5.2.

Simply click on the button to show the Rich Editor toolbar and the system will store it with your user account. The status will be reflected on all devices that the user utilizes.
    Wayne,

just saw your update after I posted mine.

Thank You for the polite hand slap.

I have removed the hook and checked again. The RE toolbar opens up when click in text input box. Refresh page and RE toolbar not visible till you click in text box again. Unlike here where it remembers and automatically displays the RE toolbar.

That might just be a difference between 5.5.2 and 5.5.4. I'll have to look at the version release notes.

Thanks for the quick response in setting me straight.

Leave a comment:

• SlowStreamer
    replied
    Interesting observation to add. I just noticed, that if I have initially clicked on the Advanced editor button, then refresh, the advanced editor options are not displayed, but once I click in the text input it advanced editor bar opens up.

However, if I then click on the Advanced button to close the bar and refresh, and click in the text input, the bar will not open automatically.

Therefore, it looks like you the Advanced editor must be initially activated for the hook to work. However, I do not have to do that on this site. Is it because this site is at 5.5.4 and I'm running 5.5.2 ?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The editor will remember its status now. The above third-party modification is neither supported or actually needed in the with current versions of the vBulletin 5.5 series. This is the problem with replying to old posts. They become irrelevant very quickly as we continue to update the software. 5-6 releases a year changes a lot in a relatively short period of time. The above javascript code is most likely breaking the display of the editor on your vBulletin 5.5.2.

Simply click on the button to show the Rich Editor toolbar and the system will store it with your user account. The status will be reflected on all devices that the user utilizes.

Leave a comment:

• SlowStreamer
    replied
    I know this is an old post, but I just stumbled across it cause I could not find option to set the Advanced editor as a default for all users.
    Below is how setup a new template hook using what Glenn provided. After I saved, I went out and looked at "Post Reply" and the advanced options were not displayed by default as they are here on this site. When I clicked in the add text area, the advanced editor opened up. Which I have not problem with if that is how it was designed to work.

The problem is, it only worked once. I have refreshed page and reloaded browser, but it will not automatically open up again.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Running 5.5.2 PL2
    Browser of choice - FireFox.

Click image for larger version

Name:	advance_editor_hook.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	4424295

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by IggyP View Post
    hmm i notice another thing.....i believe the ideal here is for the adv editor to display once content has started to be entered...it seems to happen sometimes as a fluke and sometimes not(edit:after this content posted, all i did was click the content entry box and adv editor comes up, thats how id like to see it function)...i think this is favorable to always open tho...if you are only reading and not posting its not necessary...

can that be possible?? such nitpick haha sorry
    That's not how it's currently coded. It would require fairly large code changes for it to function like that.

Leave a comment:

• IggyP
    replied
    hmm i notice another thing.....i believe the ideal here is for the adv editor to display once content has started to be entered...it seems to happen sometimes as a fluke and sometimes not(edit:after this content posted, all i did was click the content entry box and adv editor comes up, thats how id like to see it function)...i think this is favorable to always open tho...if you are only reading and not posting its not necessary...

can that be possible?? such nitpick haha sorry

Leave a comment:

• IggyP
    replied
    nice i like that thank you...one less clicking is usually good stuffs where u can do it...we have alot of smiley so i left that part out...

one thing i notice tho....if you make a post....when the page reloads, the adv editor is not open and page must be refreshed to run the script...can that be fixed?

Leave a comment:

• tomcoleman
    replied
    I just edited the old code from your first post which was working fine.

www.thesaltybox.com

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    Originally posted by tomcoleman View Post
    not on 5.1.7 with the smiles as well...
    Link to your forum? You might not have created the hook correctly.

Leave a comment:

• tomcoleman
    replied
    not on 5.1.7 with the smiles as well...

Leave a comment:

• Vonlinchen
    replied
    Thanks for the reply, works like a charm!

Leave a comment:

• tomcoleman
    replied
    Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
    Try this. I also added to load Upload Attachments panel by default. Remove it if not needed.

Code:
    <script>
    (function() {
    var loadEditorDefaults = function() {

//Advanced Editor
    var advancedEditorIcon = document.querySelector('.b-toolbar__item[data-panel="b-content-entry-panel__content--toggle-editor"]:not(.b-toolbar__item--active)');
    advancedEditorIcon && advancedEditorIcon.click();

//Smilies
    var smiliesIcon = document.querySelector('.b-toolbar__item[data-panel="b-content-entry-panel__content--smiley"]:not(.b-toolbar__item--active)');
    smiliesIcon && smiliesIcon.click();

//Upload Attachments
    var uploadIcon = document.querySelector('.b-toolbar__item[data-panel="b-content-entry-panel__content--attachment"]:not(.b-toolbar__item--active)');
    uploadIcon && uploadIcon.click();

};

if (window.addEventListener) {
    window.addEventListener('load', loadEditorDefaults, false);
    }
    else if (window.attachEvent) {
    window.attachEvent('onload', loadEditorDefaults);
    }
    })();
    </script>
    using that code doesn't have anything activated now - its gone back to default no advanced nothing...

Leave a comment:

• vb_nils
    commented on 's reply
    Thank You !

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    Try this. I also added to load Upload Attachments panel by default. Remove it if not needed.

Code:
    <script>
    (function() {
        var loadEditorDefaults = function() {

//Advanced Editor
            var advancedEditorIcon = document.querySelector('.b-toolbar__item[data-panel="b-content-entry-panel__content--toggle-editor"]:not(.b-toolbar__item--active)');
            advancedEditorIcon && advancedEditorIcon.click();

//Smilies
            var smiliesIcon = document.querySelector('.b-toolbar__item[data-panel="b-content-entry-panel__content--smiley"]:not(.b-toolbar__item--active)');
            smiliesIcon && smiliesIcon.click();

//Upload Attachments
            var uploadIcon = document.querySelector('.b-toolbar__item[data-panel="b-content-entry-panel__content--attachment"]:not(.b-toolbar__item--active)');
            uploadIcon && uploadIcon.click();

};

if (window.addEventListener) {
            window.addEventListener('load', loadEditorDefaults, false);
        }
        else if (window.attachEvent) {
            window.attachEvent('onload', loadEditorDefaults);
        }
    })();
    </script>

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X