One user emails on everything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One user emails on everything

i have one user in my moderators group who receives an email to ANY post wether its his or not.

Everyone else in the same group with the SAME permissions is fine

how can i fix?

In the Admin CP go to Channel Management -> Show All Moderators. Edit the user's permissions and change their email settings at the bottom of the page.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      In the Admin CP go to Channel Management -> Show All Moderators. Edit the user's permissions and change their email settings at the bottom of the page.
      cheers now fixed.

Comment

I just logged in as the user and tried to delete all the PM's and both from the admin CP (which says they are deleted)

in the user area it shows 28 pages but no PM's ? see attached.

Also logged in as the user I cant delete any sent PM's but can read and see them

Whats the SQL code to complete nuke this users only PM's....

Click image for larger version

Name:	werid.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	4323010

Comment

Im not one their support guys, but it should work when going to the AdminCP then Users > Message statistics > see on which list he pops up > go to his name & select delete all user's private messages

Comment

Originally posted by xMike View Post
            Im not one their support guys, but it should work when going to the AdminCP then Users > Message statistics > see on which list he pops up > go to his name & select delete all user's private messages
            yea done that already says deleted but doesn't change anything

this needs to be done via SQL I think

Comment

Originally posted by tomcoleman View Post
              Whats the SQL code to complete nuke this users only PM's....
              Before you start, you will probably want to take a complete backup. You can destroy your entire site during this process. We do not support direct queries against the database and cannot assist in rebuilding a database that suffers catastrophic data loss due to direct queries.

There is no single query to delete someone's PMs.

You would have to search the node table for all the nodes that are PMs and assigned to this user. You will need to build this into a list.
              Code:
              SELECT n.nodeid FROM node as n where n.userid=999 and n.contenttypeid=(select ct.contenttypeid from contenttype as ct where ct.class='PrivateMessage');
              You will then need to take this list and find every node associated with it in the closure table.
              Code:
              select * from closure where parent IN (<<the list above>>);
              select * from closure where child IN (<<the list above>>);
              Taking all this nodeid data, you will then need to delete the corresponding node, closure and text records. Once this is done, you will need to optimize these tables in MySQL. Next you will need to empty the System Cache in the AdminCP under Maintenance. Finally, you will need to empty and rebuild your search engine using the tools in the AdminCP.under Maintenance -> General Update Tools or the search index script in your do not upload folder.

The proper way is for the user to manage their private messages before they get to an unforgiving amount.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X