Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expand site / Remove Blue Bars

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Expand site / Remove Blue Bars

    How do i expand the main part of the site so people with widescreen monitors (likemyself) dont have these massive blue bars either side.....

    I have tried editing addtional_CSS with these values but it doesnt do or change anything

    doc_width, doc_maxWidth etc but this doesn't change anything


  • #2
    To change this, edit these stylevars:

    wrapper_max_width
    wrapper_min_width
    wrapper_width
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

    TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
      To change this, edit these stylevars:

      wrapper_max_width
      wrapper_min_width
      wrapper_width

      mark can you point me to the excat location of these, im running the Blue Green theme,

      Comment


      • #4
        To edit stylevars in a theme, you need to create a "child" theme of (in this case) bluegreen, and set that as the site default.
        You can then edit the stylevars in the style manager.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

        TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
          To edit stylevars in a theme, you need to create a "child" theme of (in this case) bluegreen, and set that as the site default.
          You can then edit the stylevars in the style manager.

          ok have done that

          what values shall i set for all 3?

          Comment


          • #6
            It depends what you want it to do. You may have to experiment.

            If you just want full width, set them all to 100%.
            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

            TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
              It depends what you want it to do. You may have to experiment.

              If you just want full width, set them all to 100%.
              cheers mate - perfect

              Comment


              • #8
                one other question

                if i want the blue background to be an image where do i go or what do i change todo that

                Comment


                • #9
                  You only have to change wrapper_max_width. Changing the others can break your site on mobile devices.

                  To change the background image you would change the body_background stylevar.
                  Translations provided by Google.

                  Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                    You only have to change wrapper_max_width. Changing the others can break your site on mobile devices.

                    To change the background image you would change the body_background stylevar.
                    when I change that body_background stylevar the background goes pure white!

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	white.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	4322001

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      What are you changing it to?
                      Translations provided by Google.

                      Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        im changing it to backgroup.jpg

                        This file https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Background.jpg

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I meant what values are you putting into the stylevar options?
                          Translations provided by Google.

                          Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 API

                          Comment

                          Related Topics

                          Collapse

                          Working...
                          X