Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adverts with Desktop size (968px or wider)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adverts with Desktop size (968px or wider)

We have some adverts which should be show only for desktop browsers.

Problem is on ipads it doesn't pickup the mobile theme so goes to desktop mode then displays the adverts which take over the page on the ipad.

A) how do I force ipads to use the mobile theme
    B) change the px size so adverts are only displayed for larger displays.

A) There is no "mobile theme" in vBulletin 5. All themes are responsive and adjust to the screen size of the device. Since it has a larger screen than a phone, the iPad will show more of the interface.
    B) In 5.1.7, you can specify what screen sizes specific modules should appear on. Edit your Ad Modules and only set the Desktop size.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      A) There is no "mobile theme" in vBulletin 5. All themes are responsive and adjust to the screen size of the device. Since it has a larger screen than a phone, the iPad will show more of the interface.
      B) In 5.1.7, you can specify what screen sizes specific modules should appear on. Edit your Ad Modules and only set the Desktop size.

Wanye

I have only set desktop size

The problem is ipads have the same if not higher resoutions than some desktops for example 968px an iPad with Renta display can match and beat that so it displays the full site with adverts which then causes the ipad to run slower when loading the page and makes the page look messy...

How can i edit the px to make it larger?

Comment

The values for these options can't be changed at this time. You can make a suggestion in the Bug Tracker for finer control here:
        http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/...91&issuetype=4
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by tomcoleman View Post

and makes the page look messy...
          I'm curious why the page with advertisements would look messy on iPad?

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment