Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with advertisement module after 5.1.7 upgrade

Hi,

The problem I'm having is with advertisements that should appear on "forumdisplay" pages.

After the upgrade to 5.1.7, the advertisements were not appearing.

I reuploaded core/install, ran the upgrade again. Now too many advertisements appeared. It looked like each forum was showing every other forum's advertisements.

I went in to check the forums were still assigned correctly through sitebuilder, re-saved each ad. But now, once again, advertisements have disappeared.

They appear correctly on the homepage, on category pages and on thread pages.

By running the upgrade script again, I also ran into this other issue again...

EDIT:
    In addition, when viewing at small resolution, my sidebar modules (advertisements, in my case) now go to the bottom of the page instead of the top. This is going to impact my revenues, how can I change this back to the way it worked in 5.1.6 ?

Thank you
    Last edited by fcherub; Wed 27 May '15, 4:11am.

After you upgrade, you may have to edit the advertising modules and reset the display orders.

For small screens, place advertising modules at the top of the primary module (the main content area) and set them only to display on small screens when editing their options. Edit the other modules to only display on large screens by editing their options. The options should be self explanatory.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Hi Wayne,

The forum advertisements in my right sidebar still don't appear even after editing the display order. I have also tried creating a new duplicate module.

However, the ads display correctly:
      - in categories (as opposed to forums)
      - if I move the module to a different position (not in the sidebar), with the exception of the bottom position, which also doesn't work (again, works only for categories)

I have also tried other page layouts with right sidebars, the same thing happens.

And, ok, for my other question, I'll create new modules, place them at the top, and set them to display only on small screens, will try that later.
      Last edited by fcherub; Wed 27 May '15, 4:12am.

Comment

I have to say I don't know. I can't recreate the issue in a test installation. Would have to see the issue first hand because they should show if they have a valid display order. You would have to open a support ticket and provide access to your database on a user that can utilize Site Builder.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Is there a glitch with this module? We are having a similar issue where the adsense code does not load at all. Losing revenue every day.

Comment

Not that I am aware of. As stated above, you'll need to open a support ticket in your member's area.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

We did and have gotten a canned response twice.

Comment

Hi kiawah75, I opened a ticket and the team is working on it. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Do open one as well, though, as your problem might be different.

Comment

Using the announcement module as a workaround works for a simple affiliate link ad, but not with google adsense.

Comment