• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade fails from 4.2.2. to 5.1.7

Good morning,

I am trying to upgrade from 4.2.2. to 5.1.7 and get the error:

Unexpected Text:
    Warning: preg_replace_callback(): Requires argument 2, '', to be a valid callback in .../includes/functions.php on line 3694 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?> <upgrade> <message replace="0">Creating widgetdefinition table</message> <status>Status: Processing 5.0.0 Alpha 1, Step 7 of 166</status> <longversion>5.0.0 Alpha 1</longversion> <version>500a1</version> <nextstep>7</nextstep> <upgradenotice><![CDATA[<strong>Upgrading to 5.0.0 Alpha 1</strong>]]></upgradenotice> </upgrade>

What may I do?

Thank you very much for your help.

Originally posted by Trixi View Post
    Good morning,

I am trying to upgrade from 4.2.2. to 5.1.7 and get the error:

Unexpected Text:
    Warning: preg_replace_callback(): Requires argument 2, '', to be a valid callback in .../includes/functions.php on line 3694 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?> <upgrade> <message replace="0">Creating widgetdefinition table</message> <status>Status: Processing 5.0.0 Alpha 1, Step 7 of 166</status> <longversion>5.0.0 Alpha 1</longversion> <version>500a1</version> <nextstep>7</nextstep> <upgradenotice><![CDATA[<strong>Upgrading to 5.0.0 Alpha 1</strong>]]></upgradenotice> </upgrade>

What may I do?

Thank you very much for your help.
    are you a super admin , via editing the config.php

Comment

Originally posted by tomcoleman View Post

are you a super admin , via editing the config.php
      Thank you for your answer, but I do not understand what you mean....

I have complete access to the installation....I am admin...I may edit any file....

But what have I to do exactly?

Thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by Trixi View Post

Thank you for your answer, but I do not understand what you mean....

I have complete access to the installation....I am admin...I may edit any file....

But what have I to do exactly?

Thank you very much
        if you go to \core\includes\config.php

look for line

Code:
            //    ****** SUPER ADMINISTRATORS ******
            //    The userids specified below will have permission to access all areas of vBulletin 5.
            //    Note that this is different to vB3 & vB4 where they only had extra permissions in the
            //    Admin Control Panel. Be very careful who you grant this super power to.
            //    The name of this setting has changed from superadministrator to superadmins.
            //    This is to avoid the accidental granting of this permission when using older config files.
        $config['SpecialUsers']['superadmins'] = '1';
        where 1 is you need to put your user ID

Comment

Thank you very much again for your answer.

There is "1" already written, right? It is the same as my user ID....I have the User name "XYZ" and my user ID is "1" already as I set up the forum in the past...so the ID in the config.php is identically as my ID at Vbulletin installation 4: "1" - so this means, that no change is requiered, right?

Problem is still existing.

Comment

Ok, what I did now:

1. I restored my old forum 4.2.2 simply with restoring my old database from yesterday. Everthing works again fine now.

2. I start again the upgrade process: http://www.domainofmyforum.com/forum...ll/upgrade.php

3. I receive again at the beginning of the upgrade process the error: Action Required Unexpected Text: Warning: preg_replace_callback(): Requires argument 2, '', to be a valid callback in .../includes/functions.php on line 3694 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?> <upgrade>

4. My old forum is not longer available due the error: "Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 355"

5. I recover again my old forum with the database backup....

Is there any easy way to install / upgrade from 4.2.2. to 5.1.7? Where is the secret?

I guess I will keep for the rest of my life Vbulletin 4.2.2. even having paid version 5 because I am unable to upgrade properly.

Any input would be welcome :-) -

Saludos

Gerald

Comment

What version of PHP are you using?
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Dear Wayne,

I am on a Managed Sever of www.hetzner.de and I am able to choose the PHP...from 4 to 5.5

Actually I am on 5.4.

Thanks for reply

Gerald
                Last edited by Trixi; Thu 21 May '15, 5:10pm.

Comment

5.4 is the lowest version acceptable.

Open your /core/includes/config.php file and scroll down to the line that says "// $config['Misc']['debuglogging'] = true;". Remove the "//" at the beginning. Save the file and reupload to your server. Try the upgrade again and hopefully it will show the error if vBulletin can catch it.

If not, you would have to have your hosting provider turn on display_errors in PHP so we can see what the error is.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thank you Wayne....I tried upgrading again with an older backup and now it worked fine...I am not really sure if the reason was that I changed it finally to PHP 5.5 or not....

Anyway - it works...I have another question but I will open another thread for it to avoid mixing her subjects.

Thank you again

Comment