Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of the forums preview avatar not showing + How to get correct topic/post counts in forum counters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the forums preview avatar not showing + How to get correct topic/post counts in forum counters

Hi,

One of our preview avatar images on the forum page are not showing for one of the forums. This has happened since having to delete one of the posts in that section. Now it just doesn't show at all.

Lastly, I have not been able to figure out how to reset my topic/post counters that appear next to the forum headers. They have had the wrong number for a while and it needs to be fixed. "Rebuild topic information" and "Rebuild forum information" do not work and continue to show the incorrect number.

Sorry for all my questions, but I must maintain professionalism.

Thank you for your responses.

- Cloud

Still haven't received a reply to this.

Anytime would be great. Thanks.

Comment

What is a preview avatar image?

Are your deleting large amounts of information often? Have you cleared the cache? Are you using something other than the database cache?
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
        What is a preview avatar image?

Are your deleting large amounts of information often? Have you cleared the cache? Are you using something other than the database cache?
        The users avatar that appears next to the forum headers to show the latest post.

No I'm not deleting large amounts of information often.

Maybe you misunderstood the question.

However, I'm still not sure why I can't fix the topic/thread values.

Thanks for the reply.

If I can't find a way to fix the topic/post values, I at least need to find out how to be able to see the preview image for the latest post on the forum page.

Comment

I looked at your forums page and nothing jumped out at me. I didn't see any last post info without an avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicant View Post
            I looked at your forums page and nothing jumped out at me. I didn't see any last post info without an avatar.

Yes, in Call of Duty Black Ops 2 there are posts in the forum with no last post avatar.

Comment

If those users with missing avatars reupload them what happens?

You can try deleting the cache and then updating the counters. These used to be stored in the datastore but are not any longer. When you were running the upgrade steps for 5.1.7, that row should have been deleted.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by TheXboxCloud View Post

Yes, in Call of Duty Black Ops 2 there are posts in the forum with no last post avatar.
                The last poster avatars are there when I look at them, but the unread/read icon indicators are screwy. There is a couple of lines in the css_additional.css calling for a different image and resize to 40x42px but the css is not taking precedence. Try the following changes in red to your custom icon css.

Code:
                .forum-list-container .forum-item .cell-forum .icon {
                    background: transparent url("http://i.imgur.com/ApCbKxa.png") no-repeat[COLOR=#FF0000]!important[/COLOR];
                    width: 40px[COLOR=#FF0000]!important[/COLOR];
                    height: 42px[COLOR=#FF0000]!important[/COLOR];
                }

.forum-list-container .forum-item.new .cell-forum .icon {
                    background: transparent url("http://i.imgur.com/ApCbKxa.png") no-repeat[COLOR=#FF0000]!important[/COLOR];
                    width: 40px[COLOR=#FF0000]!important[/COLOR];
                    height: 42px[COLOR=#FF0000]!important[/COLOR];
                }

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                  If those users with missing avatars reupload them what happens?

You can try deleting the cache and then updating the counters. These used to be stored in the datastore but are not any longer. When you were running the upgrade steps for 5.1.7, that row should have been deleted.

The users don't have missing avatars...?

The preview of the latest post (avatar or no avatar) is missing in Call of Duty Black Ops 2. Meaning, there are posts in that forum while no preview post is showing.

Also I'll try deleting the cache and then updating the counters but I don't know if it will work. I'll try since you said something changed after 5.1.7

I did upgrade to 5.1.7

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X