I'm Having A Small Handful of Issues :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Having A Small Handful of Issues :(

Hi, I just created my vbulletin forum last night and I've been attempting to set it up. But I've encountered a few issues right out of the stable and I'm not sure if I accidentally caused them myself.
    vBulletin Version: 5.1.6(Cloud, if it makes a difference)
    PhP Version : 5.5.12
    MySQL Version: 5.5.24-log
    No addons installed, and they're admin related issues.

The first issue when occured when I created a new channel that only a specific usergroup could access and made test posts to make sure I did it all correctly. I had forgotten to uncheck the need for moderator approval and had to approve the topic myself. But in the AdminCP when I clicked view beside "Topics to Moderate" it gave me an error saying I didn't have permission to access the page and redirected me to the admin permissions page, where I verified that my account had all permissions checked.

A second issue I've encountered is that I cannot figure out how to allow a banned usergroup to remain able to VIEW the forums, channels, and topics. I'd like them to be able to see everything because I want to allow banned users access to one forum where they can protest their ban and whatnot. I have view permissions set on the banned users group that should allow them to see everything, I even made edits on each individual channel but a banned account still returns a permission error when trying to view anything. I thought I could fix this simply by simply telling the site that "banned users" isn't a "banned usergroup" but then the site does not even allow me to ban members any longer, citing there isn't a "banned usergroup". I tried creating a new banned usergroup and didn't denote it as one, but when I'm banning members it does not allow me to move a user into that usergroup instead of the default. Am I simply not doing something correctly?

-edit-

I also see that vBulletin 5.1.7 is a now available, and it tells me to click to go to member's area to download it. But I do not see an option to? I apologize profusely if these are commonly answered question.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited by jkotlowski; Thu 14 May '15, 1:50pm.
    Want bigger avatars for your forum? There's a mod here. But be sure to vote for the JIRA requesting the fix here!

Further issues, unfortunately. I was attempting to activate VigLink on the site and was unable to find anything about Products and Hooks in the admin CP. So I searched for "hooks" and found a "manage hooks" option. But when I click on it, it gives me the same permissions error.

"Sorry, you don't have permission to access the administrative controls on this page.

If you need to access this page, ask your lead administrator to enable your permissions for this page using the Administrator Permissions section of the control panel."

Clicking on the "Administrator Permissions" link, obviously, reveals that I'm capable of administrating everything. This is getting pretty frustrating, definitely not the experience I remember from VB3. Apparently I lack the permissions to access a lot of administrative controls on my own website. =/
    Want bigger avatars for your forum? There's a mod here. But be sure to vote for the JIRA requesting the fix here!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X