Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usergroup Problem

Hi,

The issue I'm receiving is with the custom usergroup "Writer" that I just made.

The problem is, the people who are apart of the usergroup now cannot see the site when they log in. They get the "critcal error" page saying to check back in 24 hours.

This type of behavior I have never seen before and I'm hoping for a solution. I am going to try and remake the usergroup but in the mean time please provide your support.

Thank you.

Would suggest creating a new usergroup called Writer2, base it off the Registered Users group.

Move everyone from Writer to Writer2.

Delete Writer Usegroup

Make sure people can login if they're a member of writer2

Assuming they can, rename Writer2 to Writer.

Carefully make any changes to permissions you need to make to the Writer group checking access after each change you make to see which one is causing the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe D. View Post
      Would suggest creating a new usergroup called Writer2, base it off the Registered Users group.

Move everyone from Writer to Writer2.

Delete Writer Usegroup

Make sure people can login if they're a member of writer2

Assuming they can, rename Writer2 to Writer.

Carefully make any changes to permissions you need to make to the Writer group checking access after each change you make to see which one is causing the problem.
      It's not letting me do this. I based it off the usergroup registered users and also copied the permissions over with the set method available and also with the channel permissions method and neither one worked. It showed an error screen and brought up my website in the window. When I tried the available method, it didn't show an error but just didn't copy anything over at all.

I can show you screenshots if you would like to see them.

Comment

Not sure if that's another bug or not. Nothing is copying over for either method. So that leaves me out the way you described in finding out what the problem is.

Any other ideas? Do you think possibly you may at least have some idea of what permission is causing the writers to not be able to log in. If it's a permission problem then I will try to figure it out but I have possibly encountered a bug on the site while trying your method. Not sure why it won't copy anything over.

Comment

Go to the Member's Area and open a support ticket. Make it subject: Attn: Joe D

Include a link to this topic and in the Sensitive Data box include an Admin username/password so I have full access to the Admin CP and I'll log in and take a look what is going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe D. View Post
            Go to the Member's Area and open a support ticket. Make it subject: Attn: Joe D

Include a link to this topic and in the Sensitive Data box include an Admin username/password so I have full access to the Admin CP and I'll log in and take a look what is going on.
            Thank you for your offer. It will not be necessary at the moment. I went ahead and got the writer 2 to work and I'm going to rename it "writer".

At the moment, I have the Writer usergroup working.

If you would answer 1 question, which permission is used for being able to write CMS articles, I would be appreciative. That's the only thing I can't figure out at this point.

Not sure why the permission duplication tools weren't working but I will report the bug later on if it continues.

Thanks Joe.

Comment

There's no specific permissions for Articles in the Usergroup Manager. Articles are just another channel. Go to Channel Management in the Admin CP and choose Channel Permissions.

Scroll down to the Articles channel and you can control permissions from there. Click on the usergroups you want to change and you can take away ability to post in Articles, and give/keep permissions for whatever usergroups you want. All sub-channels under Articles will inherit the settings you make to the parent channel. (Sub channels of Articles are the Article Categories.)

Comment