Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moderators can not maderate, all the mod options have disappeared.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderators can not maderate, all the mod options have disappeared.

Version 5.1.5

I have just found that all the moderator tools have vanished from all the moderator accounts on my site. The admin accounts all have the tools still but the moderators only have the 'mark forum read' option on the dropdown.
    I have checked user groups and channel permissions and can't see any reason that this could have happened. Any ideas?

What do their permissions show at AdminCP -> Channel Management -> Show all Moderators? Also check the permissions for their usergroups at AdminCP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Under 'Show all moderators' it's says there are no assigned moderators. Interestingly it also says that the three admin accounts are super moderators.

Under the 'Usergroup manager' it says that there are 3 moderators (primary) and 2 super moderators (primary). The two super moderators are accounts that I changed to that so that they could moderate while I am sorting the problem out.

I'm also not sure what the difference between primary usergroups and additional usergroups is and how this affects things but none of the accounts have additional usergroups set.

Comment

Silly question but if I had made another user group and called it moderator, then deleted the original moderator user group, would the second usergroup show up under 'Show All Moderators'
        If this is whats happened how can I reinstate the original Moderator User Group?

Comment

Originally posted by LevelEvent View Post
          Silly question but if I had made another user group and called it moderator, then deleted the original moderator user group, would the second usergroup show up under 'Show All Moderators'
          If this is whats happened how can I reinstate the original Moderator User Group?
          No, because being in usergroup is not what makes someone a moderator. It is just a container and confers no extra bonuses.

To add someone as a moderator on a channel, you need to go to Channel Management -> Channel Manager. Scroll down to the channel in question and use the Add Moderator function in the right column.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Oh, that makes a lot more sense now. Another question, do you have to add them to each channel or will child channels inherit moderators from parent channels?
            Thanks Wayne, really appreciate your help.

Comment

Children will inherit from their parents.

Wayne Luke

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X