Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .htaccess root domain > www

Hi,

I need to edit my .htaccess due to the bug report in JIRA not being able to be fixed for the font issue I had with the root domain only showing times new roman. Apparently when the site has "www" in front of it the issue does not occur.

I tried mod_rewrite but this did not work on the homepage. It only worked on the forum page and sub-directories. There was no change on the home page.

Do I need to edit it for an index.php rewrite? I need to redirect "thexboxcloud.com" to "www.thexboxcloud.com"

Nothing I have tried has worked properly on the homepage. I'm not sure why this is. What could be blocking the .htaccess from working on the home forum page?

I need a fix for it somehow. My users can't have a site with weird font. And another issue I've had is with firefox the font is a third kind that looks similar to the right font but is different all together, no matter what the domain is set as.

Try this:

Code:
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.%{HTTP_HOST}/$1 [R=301,L]
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
      Try this:

Code:
      RewriteEngine On
      RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.
      RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.%{HTTP_HOST}/$1 [R=301,L]
      That's exactly the same code I used already and kept in my .htaccess

But it still did not work for the homepage where the articles are.

It works on every page except for the homepage. Do you have any idea why it doesn't work on the homepage?

Comment

The only place I see Times New Roman for your site at www.thexboxcloud.com is in the login dropdown. What do you have specified for your Login URL under Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details?

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          The only place I see Times New Roman for your site at www.thexboxcloud.com is in the login dropdown. What do you have specified for your Login URL under Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details?

I have set for the login url:

http://www.thexboxcloud.com

We are not using https so that is what it is set as.

You say you do not see times new roman on www.thexboxcloud.com

But when I type in "thexboxcloud.com" without the www, it does not redirect to www.thexboxcloud.com and shows times new roman on the homepage.

There must be a reason why it won't redirect when directly typed in. This still is a problem. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by TheXboxCloud View Post
            But when I type in "thexboxcloud.com" without the www, it does not redirect to www.thexboxcloud.com and shows times new roman on the homepage.

There must be a reason why it won't redirect when directly typed in. This still is a problem. Thanks for the help.
            This is usually the case when you are using addon or parked domains. You should have your hosting provider examine your account to determine why thexboxcloud.com is not redirecting to www.thexboxcloud.com. They are the ones that are the most capable in helping with server configuration issues like this.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post

This is usually the case when you are using addon or parked domains. You should have your hosting provider examine your account to determine why thexboxcloud.com is not redirecting to www.thexboxcloud.com. They are the ones that are the most capable in helping with server configuration issues like this.
              Thank you. I will do that. +Likes given.

Comment