Can footer navbar be modified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can footer navbar be modified

Can the footer navbar be modified? move some links to top navbar so they don't appear on footer? and can the header for the Forums Help page be edited?

"Forums help

Here you can find answers to questions about how the board works. Use the links or search box below to find your way around."
    Last edited by NumNum; Fri 1 May '15, 7:07am.
    adktramping ~ my happy place.

"Whoever said practice makes perfect was an idiot. Humans can't be perfect because we're not machines." ~ Sam Gardner.

Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

You can modify the top nav bar and footer via Sitebuilder.

Sitebuilder (Edit Site ON) > Navigation Bar
    Sitebuilder (Edit Site ON) > Footer

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

• NumNum
      NumNum commented
      Editing a comment
      I found that, thanks. Do you know if the header on the help menu index page editable?

• Glenn Vergara
      Glenn Vergara commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you clarify which exactly you are referring to?

When you click on the link "help", the page that opens is the help page, the header says "Forums Help" , "Here you can find answers to questions about how the board works. Use the links or search box below to find your way around"

Where can that be edited?

I know where to edit the other help items in the admin cp, but not the header of that page.

"Whoever said practice makes perfect was an idiot. Humans can't be perfect because we're not machines." ~ Sam Gardner.

Comment

The phrase "Forums Help" is actually "{1} Help". For the {1} token, the system will use the name of the site entered into Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details. This is usually changed to reflect your site during installation if you fill it in. Otherwise it will default to Forums. This is contained in the vbulletin_faq phrase.

The description is held in the phrase "vbulletin_faq_description". You can edit this in the AdminCP under Languages & Phrases. The easiest way to find a single phrase is to use Search In Phrases. Put in the phrase name "vbulletin_faq_description" and select the option to search phrase variable names only. In the resulting page, click the Edit box. You'll put your changes into the Translation box for your language.

To edit the individual pages of the Help System go to AdminCP -> Help.
      Last edited by Wayne Luke; Fri 1 May '15, 10:58am.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile

Comment

Got it!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X