Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

viglink creating links even in sitebuilder? Also on forum categories. Problem with categories linking and being smaller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brad Padgett
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post

I don't foresee it coming back. You might check with Viglink to see if there is a setting that would prevent these issues in the future. A plugin with a line through it isn't actually active. Disabling the product overrides that.
    Thank you again.

Everything is fixed now.

+Likes given. Have a great day Wayne!

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by TheXboxCloud View Post

There are no replacement variables set at all on any of the styles.

But you were right, when going to edit those certain channels, I noticed the affiliated link to walmart was actually coded into the forum headers/categories that were appearing this way on my site.

I fixed all of them just now.

Do you think this will cause further issues on my site in the future, or do you believe fixing this has been enough? Viglink appears uninstalled. Only the javacript library hook keeps coming back with an "active" checkmark even though it's crossed out. The product itself stays uninstalled.

Basically, I believe the problem is solved unless you have reason to conceive it would create further issue?

If not, then thank you so much for helping me. Everything is back to normal.
    I don't foresee it coming back. You might check with Viglink to see if there is a setting that would prevent these issues in the future. A plugin with a line through it isn't actually active. Disabling the product overrides that.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    This is what I currently see:

Click image for larger version

Name:	xboxcloud.PNG
Views:	11
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	4319204

Leave a comment:

• Brad Padgett
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    If you edit those channels inside the AdminCP at Channel Management -> Channel Manager are the links part of the title?

Are there any replacement variables set for those words in the Replacement Variable Manager under Styles & Templates.
    There are no replacement variables set at all on any of the styles.

But you were right, when going to edit those certain channels, I noticed the affiliated link to walmart was actually coded into the forum headers/categories that were appearing this way on my site.

I fixed all of them just now.

Do you think this will cause further issues on my site in the future, or do you believe fixing this has been enough? Viglink appears uninstalled. Only the javacript library hook keeps coming back with an "active" checkmark even though it's crossed out. The product itself stays uninstalled.

Basically, I believe the problem is solved unless you have reason to conceive it would create further issue?

If not, then thank you so much for helping me. Everything is back to normal.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    If you edit those channels inside the AdminCP at Channel Management -> Channel Manager are the links part of the title?

Are there any replacement variables set for those words in the Replacement Variable Manager under Styles & Templates.

Leave a comment:

• Brad Padgett
    replied
    I provided a screenshot below. And again, thank you so much for your timely response.

Some of the categories are linking to walmart and are much smaller then usual. I experienced the links in the sitebuilder too, in which php code showed in place of them after trying to edit the category.

It's not showing for you? So it may still be caching up from viglink. Do you believe this is another cloudflare issue? I have purged the cloudflare cache several times and also cleared the vbulletin "system cache". The issue is still there though.

Any ideas on what I could do is helpful.

Hopefully you have some idea of the steps I can take. Thanks again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	aapicture11.png
Views:	7
Size:	256.8 KB
ID:	4319200

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    When visiting your site, I can't see the symptoms that you're describing. Can you provide explicit links to the problems?

Leave a comment:

• Brad Padgett
    replied
    Please try and help by 12 pm today. My site has been this way for almost a whole day. Your help is valued a lot. My usual questions are small and for a knowledge base, but this is a real issue my website is having and for the love of god please help me.

Leave a comment:

• viglink creating links even in sitebuilder? Also on forum categories. Problem with categories linking and being smaller

Hello again,

I inquired about my font changing issue which has nothing to do with viglink.

This is a separate issue.

Viglink has created links inside the sitebuilder and also forum categories. Now all my call of duty forum headers appear smaller and are also linked.

I uninstalled viglink and they were still there, even after clearing system cache.

You may go to my site to see for yourself if you need to.

I am on vBulletin 5.1.6

I'm using php version 5.4.35

I am also using mysql version 10.0.17-MariaDB

I have never experienced this strange behavior before, not only with the font changing at first entry to the site, but with viglink creating links in places they would never create links in.

It's holding up my site and any help is highly valued. I do not plan on re-installing viglink after what happened. Please help.