Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Font Automatically Changes to Times New Roman Upon Accessing Site (using blue style)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Font Automatically Changes to Times New Roman Upon Accessing Site (using blue style)

Hello,

I am using the blue style provided in the 5.1.5 update. I am on version 5.1.6

When myself and other users access the site, the first time the site is accessed the font changes to times new roman. For now this has only been the top-links but recently I had the entire page show this odd behavior.

I'm not sure what the problem is. I've had the issue since the 5.1.5 upgrade and chose to wait to ask why this is happening.

Any ideas on how I can fix it?

I have also experienced this (5.1.6), using Denim style, once on the whole site, always for the login box

Comment

Originally posted by fcherub View Post
      I have also experienced this (5.1.6), using Denim style, once on the whole site, always for the login box
      Thanks for your reply. Hopefully this will get us better help.

Comment

it looks like it's not loading the google font capriolaregular, in my case, because if I change to arial using F12, it applies the change

Comment

it looks like it's not loading the google font capriolaregular, in my case, because if I change to arial using F12, it applies the change
          I need this fixed immediately. Using F12 only fixes it temporarily on your computer only.

It's showing up like this on all my users computers. It does this on the first site visit and every time after.

Comment

• fcherub
            fcherub commented
            Editing a comment
            I confirm. Today the whole site was in times new roman until i changed page,"denim" style.

Also having an issue with viglink causing forum category and forum headers to link and in turn making them smaller then usual. It started when I used the sitebuilder channel manager to create a forum name, when I saved it this happened. Also when I tried to see what was causing it and went back into the site builder I noticed when clicking on the highlighted link (viglink had even highlighting links inside channel manager in the site builder), I noticed after clicking to edit there was php code inside the edit box.
          Last edited by Brad Padgett; Sun 19 Apr '15, 2:30pm.

Comment

text areas within the editor for creating new posts, private messages, replies -> also times new roman (very small)

message titles -> correct font

Comment

text areas within the editor for creating new posts, private messages, replies -> also times new roman (very small)

message titles -> correct font
              Yes, this is a genuine bug. I do not know if it has been reported yet. Another issue I wanted to bring up to staff here is the fact that when using firefox the font style is different then in chrome.

Chrome shows the correct styled font (you can tell because of the style), and in firefox it shows a completely different font thats not even times new roman but its a separate font all together.

We'll get help soon. Glad you brought up your issue too.

Comment

• fcherub
                fcherub commented
                Editing a comment
                Ah, ok. For me it looks the same, whether it's Firefox or Chrome.

• Brad Padgett
                Brad Padgett commented
                Editing a comment
                I have reported the bug.

Vote for it to get fixed here:

VBV-14610

• fcherub
                fcherub commented
                Editing a comment
                that's great, thanks!

I have made a bug report for this guys.

Let us know what we can do to fix it. Thank you.

VBV-14610

Comment

If you create a style child of the problem themes, can you post the contents of the css_fonts.css templates?
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                  If you create a style child of the problem themes, can you post the contents of the css_fonts.css templates?
                  Here it is. Directly from a child style of the problem theme (which is the blue my site is currently using).

css_fonts.css:

Code:
                  <vb:comment>/* Fonts used by the Gradient style */</vb:comment>

<vb:comment>/* Lato */</vb:comment>
                  {vb:template css_font_lato.css,
                  use_regular=1,
                  use_bold=1}

<vb:comment>/* Dosis */</vb:comment>
                  {vb:template css_font_dosis.css,
                  use_light=1,
                  use_semibold=1}

Comment

I can recreate this issue in some places. I believe it is similar to these:

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-13066
                    http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-12849

There were some changes in 5.1.7 to account for this issue.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Brad Padgett
                      Brad Padgett commented
                      Editing a comment
                      do you have a temporary fix? Something I could place in css_additional.css

because if this doesn't get fixed my site does not look professional.

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                    I can recreate this issue in some places. I believe it is similar to these:

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-13066
                    http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-12849

There were some changes in 5.1.7 to account for this issue.
                    Thanks. That's good news.

I'll be excited for the release of 5.1.7

My forum needs this fix and I appreciate your help in the matter.

I'm glad to be apart of this community and I hope I can help out in the future. I'm about to start studying php as hard as I know how.

Anyways, I'm glad it's fixed in 5.1.7

Good luck with your career. You and Mark have been a great help recently.

Comment