Issue With Losing Traffic After Disabling Login Strike System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue With Losing Traffic After Disabling Login Strike System

Was wondering if you could use your expertise to answer why. I believe it was because of a cookie on our server after we disabled the login strike system.

We had a lot more traffic then we do now. I re-enabled it. Though after this happened, somehow possibly because of the security of the site, we could not get as much traffic.

How could the login strike system do this?

Is there any way I can fix it? If you help me with the answer I will be extremely happy.

Thank you.

The login strike system could not in any way affect traffic coming to your site.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
      The login strike system could not in any way affect traffic coming to your site.
      Something had happened but I could never figure out what it was. I thought maybe you had an idea of the reason.

It's apparent that no matter what the cause, something did take place around this time to stop as much traffic. If anyone has an idea of what could cause it after disabling the login strike system let me know.

Comment

There really is nothing in the login strikes system that would cause a loss of traffic. If I could think of something, I'd mention it.
        I've never heard of that happen before as a result of turning off login strikes, and there's simply nothing in the code for login strikes that could affect incoming traffic.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Brute Force Attackers can continue attacking a user without using multiple IP addresses with this system off.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
            Brute Force Attackers can continue attacking a user without using multiple IP addresses with this system off.
            Yes, thank you. It has been re-enabled for some time now. The only reason I disabled it is because I had an issue with cloudflare duplicating the same ip on every user and kicking me out of my admincp from failed log attempts.

Thanks for the help though everyone. I will clear the cookies on the server and see if it does me any good.

Comment