Posts per page via url?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posts per page via url?

Is there anything I can append to the url to temporarily change the posts per page? I've tried &pp= which did nothing. I just need to do this temporarily so I can easily do a select all > move to split a large thread. I don't want any users to see this, which is why I'd like some sort of admin only or localized option. Thanks.
    Hivewire3D.com
    Running vBulletin 5.1.6 PL1 (4.2.2 PL1 -> 5.1.6)

There is a user-level setting for posts per page. It's in User Settings > Account tab > Posts per Page. But it's only up to 40 posts per page.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

I found that. I changed it in the admincp to allow for more, but it never shows up in the drop down.
      Hivewire3D.com

Comment

40 I believe is the maximum. It adversely affects performance to go higher.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Will a 3000 post thread affect anything? If not, I'll just close this one, create a sequel thread, and just start doing that after 1500 posts.

If I've read right, I can do this with cron as well (close one and auto open another), but I'm not familiar with writing cron jobs.
          Hivewire3D.com

Comment

If you tried to load 3000 posts all on one page, you'd be waiting a while, at the very least.

There's no supported way to write a cron to close threads automatically and open new ones. Would require custom coding.
            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Oh I don't want to open all 3000 posts at once. lol I just meant performance wise. 1500 posts would be a pain to move one page at a time, hence my question regarding the url. Was going to set it to 100 so I could do select all > move 15 times.
              Hivewire3D.com

Comment