from 4.2.2 to 5.1.6 with specific tables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• from 4.2.2 to 5.1.6 with specific tables

i have some issues upgrading my vb4.2.2 to vb5.1.6.

i've installed a test vb4 parallel to my original vb4 to my server, the upgrade to vb5 was successful there. original vb4 database import to new vb4/vb5 database results in blank or white page on vb5. i tried every of this 17 points listed here: https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/blank_pages. could the customized tempaltes and installed modification that came with the import cause this problem?

i also tried to install vb4 again as another test base and import the database before upgrading to vb5. as i open www.my.site/test_vb/ it seems to be an exact copy of www.my.site/vb/ but all the links lead to the www.my.site/vb/ and therefore to the original forum.

is it possible to filter only the necessary tables (and so to exclude the modifications that came with the import)?
    i'd like to start a fresh new installed vb5 forum and minimize the import as much as possible to users, (maybe avatars & signature), posts, private messages. what tables should i select for such export?

edit - forgot to mention: i can not log in into the test_vb. as i enter username and password, "thank you for your log in" or so is displayed, then i will be redirect to the login to again enter username and password
    Last edited by Nefrevel; Wed 1st Apr '15, 4:47pm.

vBulletin has a URL setting in the AdminCP. You need to change that to match your test forum, otherwise you won't be able to log in, and all the links will point back to the live site.
    You can't import vB4 databases, or tables, into vB5. The ONLY way to move from vb4 to vb5, is to have your test site up and running on vB4, and then follow the upgrade instructions to upgrade it to vB5. Nothing else will work, the tables are completely different in structure between the two versions.

You should also resolve things like the login issue before upgrading. The upgrade won't fix things like that, if you upgrade a broken site you will generally get an upgraded, but still broken, site.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

ah ok! i knew i was missing one step. but there is still this problem:

Originally posted by Nefrevel View Post
      edit - forgot to mention: i can not log in into the test_vb. as i enter username and password, "thank you for your log in" or so is displayed, then i will be redirect to the login to again enter username and password

is there a way to change the url manually? in the config files or the database? because i can't reach the admincp in the test_vb

edit: changed the value in bburl in the setting table with no result

edit2: then again. if i would like to start a fresh new vb4 forum instead of vb5 and then later upgrade to vb5 what tables should i select for the export to only transfer users, (maybe avatars & signature), forums, posts and private messages?
      Last edited by Nefrevel; Thu 2nd Apr '15, 3:45am.

Comment

is there a way to change the url manually? in the config files or the database? because i can't reach the admincp in the test_vb

edit: changed the value in bburl in the setting table with no result
        You'll probably need to submit a support ticket, giving us full access to your database, forum and server, so we can try to find out what is missing.

edit2: then again. if i would like to start a fresh new vb4 forum instead of vb5 and then later upgrade to vb5 what tables should i select for the export to only transfer users, (maybe avatars & signature), forums, posts and private messages?
        You cannot do that. Database tables are interdependent on each other.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

i have a new problem..

i upgraded my live site to vb5. the upgrade went fine. but now the forum is empty!?!?
          the database is filled with data, the config file leads to the correct data. database username and password is correct. so why is vb5 now empty? no members, no posts... what went wrong?

edit: i have to correct myself... tables lile post and pmtext is full. table user is empty... there are still no posts and no messages in my inbox...
          Last edited by Nefrevel; Fri 3rd Apr '15, 6:14am.

Comment