Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disabling Comments. Issue with post errors > Is there a way for it to work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabling Comments. Issue with post errors > Is there a way for it to work?

A bit of time ago I starting getting errors on post creations.

I was told to enable comments in the forums for a way around this.

I'm sure it's a bug in JIRA though I thought posting was the number one priority in a message board so I hope not.

My question > Is there a way to disable comments and not get post errors when users are trying to post?

Thank you.

Hmmm, enable it as a workaround for a bug, but you don't want it. Leave it enabled and make it invisible. If they can't see it, they can't use it.
    Code:
    li[id^='comment-']{
        display:none
    }

Comment

Are you running 5.1.5? I am pretty sure that bug was fixed - have you tried disabling the comments?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
        Are you running 5.1.5? I am pretty sure that bug was fixed - have you tried disabling the comments?
        Yes, thank you. I will disable them again and see what happens. I did not know it was fixed.

One of my users had complained of a post error. So I enabled them thinking it was the same issue I had in previous versions.

If any of my users experience another post error I will reply back to this thread. Thanks Lynne.

Comment