X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create two different layout for two style using Site Builder

Hi,

I made two different style : A and B.
    I want layout to be different for style A and B.
    A should have banner + forum, B should have banner + news and below : at left, forum, at right, A static html box.

I selected style A default for the whole forum (general settings), with no user choice possible, and style B forced in a choosen forum.

Problem is, then i tried to use site builder to change layout on one, it seems to change also on other one. But not everytime. And sometimes style doesn't switch.

Did i do something wrong or miss something ? Is site builder layout applys to every style ??

Thanks.

Anyone have an idea or advice ? Little confused how to create two different layout.

Thanks.

Comment

You cannot build different layouts for different styles in vBulletin 5 Connect using Site Builder. All styles will use the same layouts.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohel View Post
        Hi,

I made two different style : A and B.
        I want layout to be different for style A and B.
        A should have banner + forum, B should have banner + news and below : at left, forum, at right, A static html box.

I selected style A default for the whole forum (general settings), with no user choice possible, and style B forced in a choosen forum.

Problem is, then i tried to use site builder to change layout on one, it seems to change also on other one. But not everytime. And sometimes style doesn't switch.

Did i do something wrong or miss something ? Is site builder layout applys to every style ??

Thanks.
        It's not quite what you want to do, but you could have two different pages accessible either from the Nav Bar, or from a Nav Bar Sub menu with the forum widget deployed on both but with different layouts and with the forum widget set to pick up different forums. You can also set the Nav Bar menu item to be visible only to a particular usergroup if that's the purpose of your 'chosen' forum.

Comment

Thanks for your answer. It seems quite complicated to set two different forums to do so.

In fact, my question is simple, is it possible to have two different layout at the same time for two different style (one layout for one style) ?

Comment

Originally posted by Rohel View Post
            Thanks for your answer. It seems quite complicated to set two different forums to do so.

In fact, my question is simple, is it possible to have two different layout at the same time for two different style (one layout for one style) ?

No. It is not possible as I stated in the first reply.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I miss your previous post, sorry.

Thanks both for your answer.

Is it possible to have the same content zone in the layout but with different category of news for the two styles ?

Comment

You can place search modules on channel pages and have them pull them information from that channel only. You can build different layouts per channel simply by editing the channel page while viewing it. However styles and layouts are not related to each other. The layout doesn't know what style is being used and cannot determine what to show based on that information. Likewise the layout doesn't know what style the end-user is viewing.

Layout is simply used to build the page and place the modules. The modules pull the content based on their settings.

Styles & Templates then apply look and feel to the page afterwards.

Wayne Luke

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X