Quick Reply defaults

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Reply defaults

Hello. I'm new to vB5 and I have a question about replying to posts in a thread. Is Quick Reply the only option to "reply" to a post? I know about the comment button and the quote button, but in vB4 there was just a regular "reply" button, and I don't see it in vB5. Well, technically, I do see the "post reply" button at the top of the page but that just takes me down to the quick reply area. That's fine, but my question is, can I set the quick reply box to automatically show the advanced editor? I can't work out where to do that. Either that, or I'd like to get rid of the quick reply and just use the regular reply button that will create a new page and show all of the advanced editor options on the reply page like in vB4.

It isn't quick reply, it is just reply. It shows everything that the older editor did previously. If your editor menu isn't showing or you want to select smilies, click the icons on the top right of the editor.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

In vbulletin 5 how do we access the ability to make a new title for a subsequent post? The first post of a thread has its own title, but what about if a writer wishes a title for a subsequent post? I'm not sure how to toggle that feature in vb5, assuming that feature still exists in vb5 I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by MDawg View Post
        In vbulletin 5 how do we access the ability to make a new title for a subsequent post? The first post of a thread has its own title, but what about if a writer wishes a title for a subsequent post? I'm not sure how to toggle that feature in vb5, assuming that feature still exists in vb5 I mean.

This is not a feature that was carried over to vBulletin 5.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X