Mouse hover tooltip on banner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse hover tooltip on banner

So when you hover your mouse over the banner, by default it pops up saying "Powered by vBulletin" ... is there a way to change that message?

I did it with a replacement variable manager. Search for "powered by vbulletin" in admincp > styles and templates > Replacement Variable Manager and change to whatever you want.

Comment

I'm not sure if you are allowed to change that but if you are, then Replicant's suggestion is one way of doing it. Another way which I think is the more proper way is to change the phrase powered_by_vbulletin_title in the Phrase Manager.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

As far as I know you are only allowed to remove this, if you own a branding-free license.

From the license agreement:
        "1.2 Notices. The Software must contain vBulletin Solutions’ copyright and other proprietary notices that appear on or in the Software, unless a Branding Free License is purchased."

And from the FAQ:
        "A 'branding free' license is available at a cost of USD$169.00 per license, in addition to the cost of the license itself. Once you have purchased this option, you will have the right to remove all references to vBulletin from the vBulletin design templates. (...) Otherwise, all copyright messages (both in the software code and templates) must be retained and visible. (...)

The vBulletin branding-free license concerns the removal of visual branding. (...)"

Comment

Thank you everyone.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X