Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing thumbnails after copy to test location and upgrade

Hi.

I've copied a forum to a test url and upgraded from 3.8.6 to 5.1.5 and all looks well except for just one thing I can notice, that thumbnails are not showing for attachments.

Does anyone know what I'm missing? At one time in this process I found that php-gd wasn't installed so I installed that, but I have redone the test upgrade a couple of times since then and still no thumbnails. When I start with files and database in version 3.8.6 at the test url, the thumbnails are there, but after upgrading to 5.1.5 the attachments are fine but thumbnails not displayed. Is there a way to rebuild them, maybe?

Many thanks.

Ann Cantelow

Are the attachments stored in the filesystem or the database? If in the filesystem, did you copy them over to the test site also and then update the path in Attachments > File System Store Type (that should be a FULL path, not a relative path)?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Thanks for the help!

The attachments are stored in the database. Also, the attachments themselves are there and looking good, it's only the thumbnails that are missing. Also, version 3.8.6 on the test site copy before upgrade had the thumbnails in place. Could it be a permission issue in the settings somewhere in admincp?

Comment

I have found that in admincp under Channel Management > View Permissions for a channel where no thumbnails are, if I select the checkbox for Can View Thumbnails for registered users, aha! -it does indeed say no. But, under Channel Management > Channel Permissions, there is no way to change this under any channel/user category that I look at. It appears this is uneditable. Is there a field in a table I could change manually?

Many thanks for any advice.

Comment

There is a bug regarding the thumbnail option not being in the Channel Permissions - http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-13035 Right now you need to have Can Download Image Attachments set to Yes.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Thanks, Lynne, very interesting. I see that my Can Download Image Attachments is already set to Yes, for Registered Users in this sub-forum. It looks like it is related to this bug, though, so I'm glad to know this is a known issue that will likely be fixed in the future.

Comment