• Show
Clear All

• sabink
    replied
    Clearing the cache did it, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You need to clear your browser cache in order for a new FavIcon to appear in the tabs drawn by the browser. If you don't clear the cache, it will appear for users over time. Usually takes about 2 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• may
    replied
    Did you clear the cache?

Leave a comment:

• sabink
    replied
    Hello,

On vBulletin 5.5.5 I uploaded my custom icon and changed the setting in Styles & Templates. The icon on the taskbar changed as expected. However when I click a photo in a post and a new windows opens it does not use my new icon. Any idea how to make it use it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	4430726

Leave a comment:

• pspnyc14
    replied
    Thanks very much, Wayne. That did it!

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by pspnyc14 View Post

Hello, I'm new to vBulletin.

Please can you explain where and how to upload the favicon? I was able to locate the style editor where i point to it, but not sure how to access the imagepaths folder to upload the favicon. Thanks!
    On vBulletin Cloud, you can only upload files using the vBCloud File Manager in your AdminCP. Open the AdminCP and select it from the left hand navigation.

Leave a comment:

• pspnyc14
    replied
    Originally posted by TLMD View Post
    Favicon:
    Either replace the original one with your own (not recommended, as you have to do this again after every upgrade) or upload your own favicon and point to it under "AdminCP > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Style Variable Editor (of your theme) > ImagePaths/favicon".

Page name:
    That is done in the frontend via Site Builder. Activate it (toggle "Edit Site: ON") and click on "Navigation Bar". Then enter a new "Navigation Item Name" for the Forums tab (click on the little pencil icon).
    Hello, I'm new to vBulletin.

Please can you explain where and how to upload the favicon? I was able to locate the style editor where i point to it, but not sure how to access the imagepaths folder to upload the favicon. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    There is no setting to remove it from that page. I would guess you would need to edit the template and remove it, or put a condition around it, depending on exactly what you wanted. If you need help with that, you should ask over on vbulletin.org, the modification site.

Leave a comment:

• BugOutGirl
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    That page name is "Forums". If you go to Site Builder > Edit Page > Save Page > then change "Save the page name" at the top > OK > Save Page
    thanks. do you know if there's any way to remove it from the page (under the tabs)

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    That page name is "Forums". If you go to Site Builder > Edit Page > Save Page > then change "Save the page name" at the top > OK > Save Page

Leave a comment:

• BugOutGirl
    replied
    By default this is how it looks:
    [name of the page you are currently browsing] - [your board name]

For example, on this very page it is:
    how do i change the favicon? - vBulletin Community Forums

You can change the first part (on some sections) by renaming the page (e.g. from "Forums" to "Board"). This is what I described above. The second part is your actual board name, which you can change under "AdminCP > Settings > Options > Site Name / URL / Contact Details > Forum Name".
    I tried that but it doesn't change the actual page name on the browser. it just changes the tab. here is an image of what exactly i need to change if it helps.

thanks for your response!

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• TLMD
    replied
    By default this is how it looks:
    [name of the page you are currently browsing] - [your board name]

For example, on this very page it is:
    how do i change the favicon? - vBulletin Community Forums

You can change the first part (on some sections) by renaming the page (e.g. from "Forums" to "Board"). This is what I described above. The second part is your actual board name, which you can change under "AdminCP > Settings > Options > Site Name / URL / Contact Details > Forum Name".

Leave a comment:

• BugOutGirl
    replied
    Favicon:
    Either replace the original one with your own (not recommended, as you have to do this again after every upgrade) or upload your own favicon and point to it under "AdminCP > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Style Variable Editor (of your theme) > ImagePaths/favicon".

Page name:
    That is done in the frontend via Site Builder. Activate it (toggle "Edit Site: ON") and click on "Navigation Bar". Then enter a new "Navigation Item Name" for the Forums tab (click on the little pencil icon).
    thank you!

although what i actually meant by the page name,,, the name that shows up on the actual browser itself beside the favicon.

Leave a comment:

• TLMD
    replied
    Favicon:

Page name:

Leave a comment:

• BugOutGirl
    started a topic how do i change the favicon?

how do i change the favicon?

and also the name of the page at the top. Right now it just says "Forums" - (name of forum)
    How can I change that?

Sorry I am new to vbulletin.