Help Locating Template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Locating Template

I'm having troubles locating where the template file is that contains the link content for the Share this post link. The tooltip pop up says.. "Share this post by copying and pasting the link below"

The phrase is called "share_post_link_help", if you wanted to edit that. But that phrase is used in several javascript files. The post number though, which is what you click to get that phrase, is in the display_contenttype_threadview_header template.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
      The phrase is called "share_post_link_help", if you wanted to edit that. But that phrase is used in several javascript files. The post number though, which is what you click to get that phrase, is in the display_contenttype_threadview_header template.

Lynne , thank you. I was able to locate it and modify the template. Our SEO Manager did not like that each post number linked to a 301 redirect, so I removed the ?p=#####

Comment

Originally posted by tsauvageau View Post

Lynne , thank you. I was able to locate it and modify the template. Our SEO Manager did not like that each post number linked to a 301 redirect, so I removed the ?p=#####

Now you cannot guarantee a link to individual posts as they may not be on the same page as the topic starter.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

What Wayne said. That p parameter helps in locating what page number a post is in. Page number cannot be dynamically determined only once because it changes as posts are added to the topic/thread.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

Glenn Vergara, Wayne Luke thank you! I did not think of members having different posts per page.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X