Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark.B
    replied
    Probably caching. Glad it's all sorted anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan McBain
    replied
    I have no idea why, but it seems to be fine now. Don't know how, and I don't care lol.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    I am seeing your login dropdown ok. At what point are you getting this message?

Leave a comment:

• Ryan McBain
    replied
    Hmmm I'm not sure why this is happening now, but when I click on the login link my forum, I get a popup that says "Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message."

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    it should be left as it is. Best to add a tab in the navigation that leads back to your main site.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    You have something redirecting your site.com to yoursite.com/yourname.html. When someone goes to just yoursite.com, it is actually the page yoursite.com/yourname.html that is being displayed instead of yoursite.com/index.php (which would show your vbulletin forums). That is something you set up on your server. If you aren't going to put the vbulletin files into their own directory or your aren't going to remove that redirect, then the only way to have your logo go to your forums would be to actually go in and edit the template. that wouldn't fix issue 2 though, that would require a code edit. So, you need to decide what you want to do.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan McBain
    replied
    When I do that the table and images on my site go away. If mysite.com is my my page, and mysite.com/forum is my message board, what are I doing wrong? Could it be something else?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    1) It would take you to the URL you have specified under Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details.

2) Same as above.

3) You would have to place Ad Modules and put your Google Adsense in those modules. Unfortunately vBulletin 5 doesn't apply modules to every page globally.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan McBain
    replied
    I got it figured out. I had things in the wrong folders. Silly me. Thank you everyone for your quick input. I do have a few more questions. 1. When people click on my vbulletin logo it takes them to my main site, and not the message board. 2 When I log out, it takes me to my main page instead of vbulletin page. 3 And last but not least, what module do I edit so I can have adsense on every page? I have it on my main vbulletin page but they don't show up on the other pages. Thank you again

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The installer doesn't update that file. It is used in patches to update the information about the latest version installed. The installer updates a field in the database. The system is supposed to compare the two and then use the higher value when showing the version in the AdminCP.

Leave a comment:

• wdwms
    replied
    Lynne Maybe this is issue, the core/includes/version_vbulletin.php file in the download has the following code:

PHP Code:
    define('FILE_VERSION_VBULLETIN'''); 
    On my other installs:
    PHP Code:
    define('FILE_VERSION_VBULLETIN''5.1.3 Patch Level 4'); 
    Either the installer is bad (not updating this file) or the file is missing the version info in the download.

Leave a comment:

• wdwms
    replied
    Having the same issue on a 5.1.3 to 5.1.5 upgrade in our test environment. Despite upgrading it properly, admin is still insisting that I'm on 5.1.3

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    If your forum is in your root (public_html usually), then did you upload the *contents* of the /upload directory into your root (making sure to not overwrite the config.php files)? Or did you actually upload the /upload directory? You need to upload what is in the /upload directory into your root directory replacing the old 5.0.2 files.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan McBain
    replied
    It says vBulletin 5.1.5, I'm doing something wrong, I just don't know what.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    What version is showing in the upper right corner of your upgrade.php script?

Leave a comment: