Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deve@speedprint.com
    replied
    Done. Thank you! I really appreciate the prompt service. Especially at a time when you are all so busy. Your staff found and corrected the problems in short order and I am now up and running. In the future I will be much more careful about placing my files in the correct directory and not adding things where they don't belong. I am an auto mechanic, not an internet genius! Again, thank you!
    Last edited by [email protected]; Sat 31st Jan '15, 1:10pm.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Please open a support ticket with FTP access so we can look at your configuration files.

Leave a comment:

• deve@speedprint.com
    replied
    I started over, and no cigar. The error messages above are still happening!

Leave a comment:

• deve@speedprint.com
    replied
    Anyone? This is my luck where you fix one thing, and move on to the VERY next thing ad nauseum. I wonder what it would be like to just actually be able to cut to the chase!

Leave a comment:

• deve@speedprint.com
    replied
    Mark.. still start over?

Leave a comment:

• deve@speedprint.com
    replied
    Also, I am getting this above the menu...
    http://forums.devestechnet.com/core/install/upgrade.php Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at .../includes/config.php:3) in .../install/includes/class_upgrade_ajax.php on line 693 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at .../includes/config.php:3) in .../install/includes/class_upgrade_ajax.php on line 769 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at .../includes/config.php:3) in .../install/includes/class_upgrade_ajax.php on line 770

Leave a comment:

• deve@speedprint.com
    replied
    Action Required
    Unexpected Text:
    http://forums.devestechnet.com/core/install/upgrade.php <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <error>Customer Number Incorrect</error> I got further after fixing the config file. Not sure why I needed to, but can anyone explain this? My customer ID IS correct.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    You haven't uploaded all the files.

Please download a fresh copy of the files from the members area, and upload them all to the server.

Leave a comment:

• deve@speedprint.com
    replied
    THis is what I get when I just try to go to the forums.devestechnet.com site

Notice: Undefined config property 'core_path' in /home/speedpri/public_html/forums.devestechnet.com/includes/api/interface/collapsed.php on line 15 in/home/speedpri/public_html/forums.devestechnet.com/includes/vb5/config.php on line 64

Warning: require_once(/vb/vb.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/speedpri/public_html/forums.devestechnet.com/includes/api/interface/collapsed.php on line 16

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/vb/vb.php' (include_path='/usr/local/php4/lib/php:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in/home/speedpri/public_html/forums.devestechnet.com/includes/api/interface/collapsed.php on line 16

Leave a comment:

• deve@speedprint.com
    replied
    Ok, started all over again, this time only doing what Wayne said above. SAME result.
    A database error occured, please check the database settings in the config file or enable debug mode for additional information. What should I do next?

Leave a comment:

• deve@speedprint.com
    replied
    I am paranoid that I probably screws thing up pretty bad so I had my host restore a backup I did this morning prior to this. Ill just start all over again. Thanks guys!

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    If you were already running vB5, you don't need to change the config.php files.
    If you still have copies of the old files, put the original copy of /core/includes/config.php back up.

Leave a comment:

• deve@speedprint.com
    replied
    Well, Wayne, I did take the config.php and copy my database names and particulars in it before doing the above. Was that wrong? Sorry for being such a bother, but if its possible to screw something up, you can always count on me.

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    For your reference, here is the documentation on upgrading vBulletin:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/upgrade

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Did you follow the steps above exactly or did you make other changes to the files?

Leave a comment: