Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Real Sitebuilder Bug Here. Just had my site's grand opening and need some help immediately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Real Sitebuilder Bug Here. Just had my site's grand opening and need some help immediately

Hello,

Zachary requested I make a ticket. I have not received a response in an entire 6 day period. Not even a "hello" or "we'll get back to you".

I have a real bug here that might not even be in JIRA.

Upon trying to rename my sitebuilder page URLs, I receive a mySQL error and cannot change the pages URL.

This is causing serious issue because I've waited and waited on a response and I have been completely ignored.

I want the news articles on my homepage and there is no way for me to do this.

I request immediate action via my ticket if this is possible. I'm not trying to be rude, I only need your help otherwise my website cannot continue the grand opening.

Regards,

Bradley Padgett

There is a bug in vBulletin 5.1.4 that makes it difficult to rename pages. I am sorry this wasn't relayed to you before. This issue is reported to be fixed in vBulletin 5.1.5.

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-13945
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Mon 26th Jan '15, 8:30am.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I do have good news, I've identified the issue. More good news, it is fixed in 5.1.5. The bad news is that 5.1.5 is not out in a stable release yet. But I believe it should be shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
        There is a bug in vBulletin 5.1.4 that makes it difficult to rename pages. I am sorry this wasn't relayed to you before. This issue is reported to be fixed in vBulletin 5.1.5.

Thank you so much. I'm glad the issue has been identified.

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
        I do have good news, I've identified the issue. More good news, it is fixed in 5.1.5. The bad news is that 5.1.5 is not out in a stable release yet. But I believe it should be shortly.
        Thank you as well Zachary. I am glad that the issue is resolved in 5.1.5

That makes me all the more happier and satisfied. I can wait for it to be released, that's no problem. I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page with getting the problem solved. Once again, I am excited to see what great things come out of 5.1.5

I am excited to see what promise it holds.

Thank you.

Comment

5.1.5 is a nice, solid release. And it brings with it user mentions and the content slider, both of which can enhance a site both cosmetically and in terms of usability. Like this: TheXboxCloud
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
            5.1.5 is a nice, solid release. And it brings with it user mentions and the content slider, both of which can enhance a site both cosmetically and in terms of usability. Like this: TheXboxCloud
            It's probably one of my favorite releases with 5.1.4 being second.

I'm most looking forward to the forum statistics. The content slider is a great idea too and the user mentions is also. Getting better every release Mark. With progress like that, who knows what else may be in store. Thanks.

EDIT: Just saw that it is released!

Installing now. Thank you vbulletin support!

Comment

Glad you like it. This is a very solid release with some great new features.

Now...roll on 5.1.6
              MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
              AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment