Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Topics Widget

Dear vBulletin Users,

A while ago, I saw a widget showing the latest posts on the board. This widget could be placed on the homepage for instance. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the topic that explained how to set it up. Therefore I was wondering if anyone could help me out regarding this?

Also I wonder, does it show every topic made on the board? Or only topics that the user can see in his usergroup so he won't see the topics posted in a hidden section?

Use a search module and then set it to Sort By "Date - started post" and in Source, just select Forums. I think that should do what you want.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

A compact view of the results is coming in an upcoming release as well.

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-7570
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thanks for the swift response! That compact Widget design is lovely, I like it! For now, Im trying to set it up as Lynne explained it, although Im not getting it quite as the vbulletin 5 demo boards x-x Mine currently looks like this:

And these are the settings I picked

Instead I would love to have it turn out like this: http://www.vbulletin.com/vb5demo/NewTopics That it only shows it the same was as the layout on the demo boards.

Comment

See my blog links below for some info on setting up one type of latest topics module.
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Amazing Mark! Thanks a lot for your response, that was exactly what I was looking for!

- - - Updated - - -

Question Mark,

Currently the widget I set up with your tutorial works perfectly fine! As I have multiple usergroups, it was important that one usergroup wouldnt see the post whom are supposed for the other. That works! Although, the usergroup with moderation powers (based on super moderator group) can still see the posts whom are not meant for them. I figured this has something to do with permissions? Let me breakdown what I mean exactly.

I have 2 sections on the forums;

- Dragon Nest
            - Guild Wars 2

Regular members from Dragon Nest can only see the topics in that group. They wont see posts from Guild Wars 2. Same goes for the other way around.
            Then there is the Officer Group. They have a hidden section thats only accessable for them. Yet, they see both posts from Dragon Nest and Guild Wars 2, while they are only allowed to see Dragon Nest. Any clue how to set that up?

Permissions are set right as far as I know. When you log in as an officer, you dont see the Guild Wars 2 sections. Yet, topics do pop up with the latest topic widget. x-x If needed, I set up an account for you so you can check it out! Sending it through PM.

Comment

It should inherit the permissions you have set in the Channel Permissions. Make sure "Can view content" is set to no where users don't have permission to view the content.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Excellent as always Wayne! Thanks, that was exactly the problem!

-solved-

Comment

Re-opening this topic. After the 5.0.0. Patch, Permissions are not working as they should. Previously, the way Mark explained worked perfectly fine and you wouldn't be able to view the topic names in the list if you are not supposed to view the channel. Right now, all topic names are coming through - which is somewhat annoiying as certain parts are not viewable by the group. Any change upon this?

Comment