error "You cannot remove a system module from the page template"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error "You cannot remove a system module from the page template"

I tried to edit a page template to add a 70/30 sidebar, ever since, I've been getting the error

"You cannot remove a system module from the page template" when i try to save page template, and now the style is all out of wack, i can't change back to default or save any changes at all

any ideas?

This should have been resolved in Beta 26. Does this still occur on the latest beta? Which page were you trying to edit?

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-6706
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

i was trying to edit the page template in a category within a forum (added 2 html modules and added a sidebar), and since that template is used by all other categories in the forum, this wacky template is now affecting all my pages, and i can't fix it since i can't edit and save the page.

it apparently has not been fixed. i experienced the error in 26, upgraded to 28 to see if that fixes the issue, but it didnt, so now i'm back to 26

(by the way 28 gave me major errors such as double headers, and login in drop down in the top left corner does not drop down so can't login, etc, 28 is a mess, but that's another story)

Comment

In 28, you need to revert your header template in the Admin CP. Should clear up your errors. The way Javascript and CSS is referenced has changed.

For your forum page, when saving select No for overwrite template and save it to a new template. Does this solve your problem?

Wayne Luke

Comment

i deleted all other templates from the database and rebuilt index etc. somehow that solved my template errors with the javascript. so the error is now resolved.

although i still can't get the sitemap to build correctly, i just posted another error in the forum regarding that error...

Comment

There are outstanding issues with the XML Sitemap that will be resolved in a future release.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I get that error along with you can't add a system module to the page template. I fix it by just exiting without saving changes and going back in and making the same changes and it works for me. Free install to beta 28 server/forums/database.

Comment