Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attaching files to existing post

Hello all,
    New to the forum. Just installed vBulletin 5.0.0 beta 26, everything is great so far. Is it possible to add an attachment to an exiting post ? Currently I am only able to do this with a "reply" option which creates 2 posts, one with my original content, the second with the attachment. I tried doing a "merge" posts but it gave an error. If I create a brand new post and include the attachment at that time it works fine, its just after the post has been created that seems to be a problem. Amy help appreciated.

thanks,
    Tony

Edit > Go Advanced > click on Image icon

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Hi,
      Thanks for the reply. I did as instructed, however, it is not an image I wish to attach. I wish to attach a word document in this case. When I click the "image icon" I then choose "upload" tab and select my file, then select "send it to server" It does attach but not like I would a regular file attachment.

Tony

Comment

A word document is just going to look like an attachment and you will need to click it to download it and then view it. It's not going to show as a document (a bunch of words) in the post.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment