No announcement yet.

Private Messaging & Moderation Rights.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Messaging & Moderation Rights.

Anyone experienced problems with Private Messaging? As I am the Admin of the boards, it works perfectly fine. Anyone else cannot send a PM. Even when I move them to the admin group, they can't. I checked the PM settings and it should be enabled. Or did I miss something?

Moderation Rights on topics and posts are the same as PM. I can do it, no one else can. Is this a common issue? Or did I missed some settings somewhere?

Edit: this is how it looks like when I try to send a PM;
    Last edited by Grotesque; Tue 29 Jan '13, 2:02am.

Anyone knows?

Comment

What are the PM permissions for the channel under Channel Management -> Channel Permissions? Are they set correctly? try flushing the cache.

Moderator permissions are give under Channel Management -> Moderator Permissions. Make sure they are set correctly for users set as moderators. Flush the cache after updating.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Checked the Channel Permissions again and made sure 'can create private message' is set to yes. Cleared Cash, but nothing changed. Still unable to send PMs. Moderation Rights have been set right from the start. And The right members show up when you view 'Show All Moderators'. They are listed as Moderator for 'home' though. Do I need to manually add all the channels there?

Comment

Still not working from my end.

Comment

How many PMs do you allow them under Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager?

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks for the tip Wayne. Perhaps I should have notified about the users being in a custom usergroup. When I moved my test account from a custom usergroup with the same settings, to the 'moderator' usergroup - PMs started working.

The Custom Usergroups are added by myself. Should I rename the build in Usergroups to my taste or should custom usergroups be able to work the same like the build in ones?

Edit followup:
              Changing the usergroup from a custom made one to super moderator sadly didnt fixed the moderation issue. Im still unable to stick posts on my test account. Any idea how I configure this? Since none of the custom usergroups seem to work as it should. Perhaps a possible bug?

These are the options I see on the test account;

Last edited by Grotesque; Wed 6 Feb '13, 3:20am.

Comment

When editing a usergroup, there is a permission Maximum Stored Messages. If this is set to 0, then they can't use the system. If you want them to be able to have a lot of messages, set it to a high number.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks Wayne! Managed to get the PM issues to work. Do you have any idea how to get those moderator permissions going? Such as sticky post, unsticky etc? The picture in my previous post shows the mod rights they have right now x-x

Comment

See: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-6975

Should be available soon.

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment