Updating Forum bread crumbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating Forum bread crumbs

I've editing my Forums page so that the URL is now "/forums" and then I created a new Home page and set the URL to "/". Similar to what Mark does in this blog post.

Everything is great, except the Forum breadcrumbs are now awkward. For example:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-01-28 at 11.41.30 AM.png
Views:	1
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	3725435

In the above breadcrumbs clicking on Home takes me to my new "Home" page, which is fine, but clicking on Forum takes you to the top level forum named "Forum" that shows all of the topics in all my forums, without any real structure.

Is there anyway to update my breadcrumbs so that the Forum link actually takes you to the Forums page?

Originally posted by rhygin View Post
    I've editing my Forums page so that the URL is now "/forums" and then I created a new Home page and set the URL to "/". Similar to what Mark does in this blog post.

Everything is great, except the Forum breadcrumbs are now awkward. For example:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63962[/ATTACH]

In the above breadcrumbs clicking on Home takes me to my new "Home" page, which is fine, but clicking on Forum takes you to the top level forum named "Forum" that shows all of the topics in all my forums, without any real structure.

Is there anyway to update my breadcrumbs so that the Forum link actually takes you to the Forums page?
    There's two issues at play here.

the first is that clicking that "Forum" link is SUPPOSED to show the sub forums below that channel. However there's a bug in beta 26 that seems to just show topics instead. Basically the sub forum module isn't working. This will be fixed in Beta 27.

However, there's a bigger issue in that many people don't like the destination of that link, even when it's working properly.
    On my site I did change the template to point the "Forum" link back at the forum homepage. However this involves a template edit, which, especially given it's in the header template which is often updated in beta releases, I would recommend you don't do until after Gold. Especially as changes to the cosmetic design of the breadcrumb are coming in a future beta.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Excellent. Thanks for all the info so far Mark

I'll keep my eyes peeled for Beta 27 and won't touch any templates until we're at a gold status.

Comment