X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When login to Admin CP, it says, Critical Error

when I login to admin cp it says this error
    Critical Error

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please check back in 24 hours.
    Just happen when I login Admin CP or mod cp. Forum just working fine.

Any idea what this can be about? Urgent help would be appreciated.

Im using 5.1.5 beta 1

The front end works? Change your password. Go to /settings/account on your site.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      The front end works? Change your password. Go to /settings/account on your site.
      Already changed my password but no luck. The front end work fine.

Comment

Go into debug mode and then go to the admincp and see if there is a more specific error listed.

To enable debug mode edit the /config.php file and change:

Code:
        $config['debug'] = false;
        To:
        Code:
        $config['debug'] = true;
        Then edit the /core/includes/config.php file and change:

Code:
        // $config['Misc']['debug'] = true;
        To:
        Code:
        $config['Misc']['debug'] = true;
        To set that up for only your IP address (replace xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with your IP), put these lines around the code:

Code:
        if($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] == "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx") {
        CODE HERE
        }

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

To set that up for only your IP address (replace xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with your IP), put these lines around the code:
          Sorry Im newbie. Can you please tell me a little more detail?
          "put these lines around the code" which lines are you talking about?

Code:

if($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] == "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx") { CODE HERE }
          You meant I should put the code like this ?

Code:
          if($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] == "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx") {
          $config['Misc']['debug'] = true;
          }

Comment

Don't worry about that less step. Just uncomment the line:
            Code:

// $config['Misc']['debug'] = true;

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Here is what I got

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /my/patch/config.php:1) in
              /my/patch/public_html/my/patch/includes/vb5/applicationabstract.php on line 35 Error :First Article Full Width, then Three Columns on line 24 in
              /my/patch/core/vb5/route/channel.php
              Step 0: showErrorPage() called on line 193 in /my/patch/includes/vb5/applicationabstract.php
              Step 1: handleException() called
              Exception API Error
              Controller: content_privatemessage
              Method: fetchSummary
              Error(s):

Code:

array (   0 =>    array (     0 => 'not_logged_no_permission',   ),   1 =>    array (     0 => 'exception_trace',     1 => '## /my/patch/core/vb/api/content/privatemessage.php(436) Exception Thrown  #0 [internal function]: vB_Api_Content_Privatemessage->fetchSummary() #1 /my/patch/core/vb/api/wrapper.php(122): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #2 [internal function]: vB_Api_Wrapper->__call(\'fetchSummary\', Array) #3 [internal function]: vB_Api_Wrapper->fetchSummary() #4 /my/patch/includes/api/interface/collapsed.php(179): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #5 /my/patch/includes/vb5/template/runtime.php(491): Api_Interface_Collapsed->callApi(\'content_private...\', \'fetchSummary\', Array, false, true) #6 /my/patch/includes/vb5/template.php(280) : eval()\'d code(233): vB5_Template_Runtime::parseData(\'content_private...\', \'fetchSummary\') #7 /my/patch/includes/vb5/template.php(280): eval() #8 /my/patch/includes/vb5/template/cache.php(164): vB5_Template->render(false) #9 /my/patch/includes/vb5/template.php(302): vB5_Template_Cache->replacePlaceholders(\'<!-- ##template...\') #10 /my/patch/includes/vb5/applicationabstract.php(335): vB5_Template->render() #11 /my/patch/includes/vb5/applicationabstract.php(193): vB5_ApplicationAbstract::showErrorPage(Array, false) #12 [internal function]: vB5_ApplicationAbstract::handleException(Object(vB_Exception_NodePermission)) #13 {main}',   ), )
              on line 495 in /my/patch /includes/vb5/template/runtime.php

Comment

It is saying you don't have permission to log into the AdminCP. Here are the instructions on how to restore an admin account for when you cannot access the old admin account, have lost the password, got hacked, or you can't receive the lost password email from http://www.YOUR-DOMAIN.com/YOUR-FORUM-DIR/lostpw

Note: Change that link to your forum URL of course.

Browse to your forum and log out if you aren't already. Register as a new user and login as this user.

In the vBulletin's .zip file you can find a directory called 'do_not_upload/'. Inside this directory is a file called 'tools.php'. Upload this file into your forum's /core/admincp/ directory. If necessary you should also upload the /core/install/ directory but not the install.php file.

Then go to the /admincp/tools.php file with your browser.

At the bottom of the tools page is an option to 'Reset Admin Access'. Run it with the just newly registered username.

Then delete the tools.php file. It is a potential security risk if you leave it on-line. Also delete the /install/ directory for the same reason.

You have just made yourself admin. And you need this because you should now login to the admincp/ and find the user who's password you've lost. Search for this user and when found you will see the whole profile. Including a password field.

Set a new password.

Go to the main forum and log out as the new user, and try to login with the old admin account. This should work now. If it does not work contact vBulletin Support again.

When it works, go back into the admin control panel and find the newly registered user. The profile page will have a dropdown in the top, from there select delete and delete the temporary admin.

If you cannot register a new account and have absolutely no access to any other accounts, the final option is a database query.

MAKE A FULL DATABASE BACKUP BEFORE YOU MANUALLY EDIT THE DATABASE. VERIFY IT AS WELL.

Open the database in a tool like phpmyadmin.

Run the Query:

UPDATE user AS user
                SET token = concat(MD5(concat(MD5('pass1234'), user.token)),' ', user.token), scheme = 'legacy'
                WHERE userid = 1;

The above will reset the password of user with userid = 1 to pass1234. Change the userid if your Admin account is not userid 1.

*NOTE* - If you have a table prefix setup in your config.php file then you must put the table prefix in front of the first "user" on the first line.

Example:

UPDATE vb_user AS user
                SET token = concat(MD5(concat(MD5('sudbury8'), user.token)),' ', user.token), scheme = 'legacy'
                WHERE userid = 1;

The above query is if vb_ is the table prefix.

You should be able to tell easily if there is a prefix if all the table names start with the same few characters.

Once the query is run the password will now be pass1234 or whatever you set.

Set a simple password by the query and change it to a more complex one after you have logged in to reduce the chance of complications.

If you need help with this, please open a support ticket at http://www.vbulletin.com/go/techsupport

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

After uploaded tools.php and did these steps above, I got the same error on front page too. So now I cannot access to anything.
                  And this is what I got in both front page and admin, mod cp
                  Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /my/patch/sharingenglishonline.com/config.php:1) in /my/patch/includes/vb5/cookie.php on line 34 Critical Error

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please check back in 24 hours.

Comment

Start a support ticket, so we can look into the issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                      Start a support ticket, so we can look into the issues.
                      Yes! I just did

Comment

Please close the ticket! I've already figured it out. My site was down for a day, and support department is very slow. The problem is due to file config.php's format. The config file should be saved as ASCII/ANSI plaintext and NOT utf8. I didn't touch config file, how come it automatically changed by itself? You guys should take a deep look into this problem to prevent this problem happen in the next release. I'm not the only one who has deal with this.

Comment

Someone or something edited/changed it. The files are not saved as UTF8

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                            Someone or something edited/changed it. The files are not saved as UTF8
                            I reuploaded all files and deleted the old config file then use makeconfig as it required when u want to upgrade (when u didnt change config.php,pkb to config.php). So i guess if the file is automatically created in the upgrade process then it should work fine. But not. I had to save the config file to my desktop and used notepad++ to save as ANSI. My site came back alive. I don't know what code it's saved as, but it wasn't ASCII/ANSI plaintext.

Comment

You never delete or re-edit the config files during an upgrade between 5.x.x and 5.x.x.

Comment