Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrdPa
    replied
    I dont use HTML and all HTML permission have been removed.
    Test yourself in the beta forum.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Yes, In vBulletin 4 there is a function on the advanced editor to set how HTML is done...

1) No Html

2) HTML, Convert Line Breaks

3) HTML, Don't Convert Line Breaks.

If you use Option #2, you get the behavior you're looking at. Every enter becomes a <br /> tag. Every time you edit if you don't remove those extra lines, you will add more ENTER characters and therefore more <br /> tags.

vBulletin 5 always uses #2 and the option was removed. The solution is to 1) turn off HTML conversion. 2) Use the Paste as Text function and edit your complex posts outside the editor when using HTML.

Leave a comment:

• GrdPa
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    This is using the post as text button on the Advanced Editor tab?
    English Version :
    I compose my message via the advanced editor, but the problem occurs at the edition, whatever the chosen editor. In HTML, there are many <br> tags that multiplies each edition.

French Version :
    Je compose mon message via l'éditeur avancé, mais le problème se présente au niveau de l'édition, quelque soit l'éditeur choisi. Dans le code HTML, il y a de nombreuses balises <br> qui se multiplie à chaque édition.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    This is using the post as text button on the Advanced Editor tab?

Leave a comment:

• GrdPa
    replied
    I added videos

Leave a comment:

• GrdPa
    replied
    I managed to reproduce the problem on the demo forum. There is however a difference between the demo forum and my forum. On demo Forum, the edition insert further newlines in the editor, but not in the display, while the newlines on my forum appear on the display also. However the problem is present, and after multiple editions, the editor becomes very difficult to use.

http://www.vbulletin.com/vb5demo/for...dit-alignement

For the video, i will record again this evening and upload on youtube, but the actual video is ok for me, at my home and at my office.

- - - Updated - - -

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Video doesn't play for me...

Do you have the same issue if you use the "Copy as Plain Text" button on the Advanced Editor.

Leave a comment:

• GrdPa
    replied
    My problem in video

http://weakissyou.com/videos/linebreak.mp4

Leave a comment:

• GrdPa
    replied
    Can I contact you privately to give you the test IDs? the address of my site is http://weakissyou.com but it is not going to move ...

You can see this post, after 3 edit, without modification. Originally there was no space between the text aligned to the right and the rest of the message
    http://weakissyou.com/forum/le-caf-d...te?p=24#post24

- - - Updated - - -

My navigator is chrome, i don't know if this problem occur in other navigator
    Last edited by GrdPa; Fri 18 Jan '13, 3:58am.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Can you give us a link to view the problem please so we can compare it to other installations that don't have the problem.

Leave a comment:

• GrdPa
    replied
    I've not HTML enabled.
    The alignement is produced by <div> tag and the new line by <br> tag when i inspect with chrome. the <br> tag are duplicated, each time i edit the message. This occurs even with the basic editor.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You're using a RICHTEXT editor in a format that provides WYSIWYG results. You need to work within those constraints. Do you have HTML enabled in the channel permissions. Disable this and the BBCode should render properly.

Leave a comment:

• GrdPa
    replied
    Nobody has the same problems ? (for the newlines, it's due to the alignment's changes)

Leave a comment:

• GrdPa
    started a topic Posts edition

Posts edition

Hello,
    I've a little issue when i'm editing a forum message.

Posts edition adds newlines in posts. I use the advanced editor. Generally in the tags [quote] and when there are changes in alignment (center row).

Have you the same problem ?

VB5 beta 24 & 25.

- - - Updated - - -

New issue :
    I uploaded an image on my server and I used the [img] tag in a forum post. When I edit the post, the image appears in place of the tag. I double-click on the image and I go to the editor. I redefine the image size. The image is resized in the editor. I save everything. Size changes are not reflected in the rendered message.