vb 5.1.4 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vb 5.1.4 question

Hello Zach, Two questions. 1. Is facebook connect working with 5.1.4? If so can you direct me to the proper thread. 2. I am not running a forum site. I am running a small newspapers for a hobby. Can I organize the the articles? I tried and nothing happened. Also can I run an ad on the right hand side. Or is there a module for this.

Oh an Zach I remember about 15 years ago when you showed me a decked out site of yours that had every mod I can think off lol
    omg I am still a new member ouch.
    Last edited by Marz1; Fri 9th Jan '15, 1:21pm. Reason: just had to add that.

Not to answer for Zach, but I have articles organized by categories and such quite well using vb 5.1.4 (would send you a link, but am still in development mode, so it's not public yet)... Also, running an ad on the right hand side was as simple as adding an ad module to the page I wanted it on. So you should be good there...

I would be curious to hear the concerns around facebook connect as I'm about to try that out too... not so much for the login functionality, but for the ability to cross-post articles and such to our facebook page... would be nice to know up front if there are reasons I should avoid it (for now?).

Comment

Facebook Connect probably won't work with "new" Facebook apps in 5.1.4 as things stand due to changes at Facebook's side, however I believe the plan is for this to be fixed in 5.1.5.

For any vB4 users wondering about this, yes it is going to be fixed in vB4 soon too.
      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

GSGill can you give me a link to your site. I too will not turn on my site. I am trying to get it in order.

Comment

On facebook connect I can't get it to work. Which is ok for now.

Comment

Again, you won't be able to do anything with facebook until 5.1.5

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X