Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error Message

Hi guys

Can anyone help me? After deleting a .htaccess file on my public html folder, I received the following error message

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home/culltail/public_html/forums/core/packages/vbforum/db/mysql/querydefs.php on line 5716

My website is www.thebettabite.com/forums

Someone kindly help me here

Thanks alot

You need the .htaccess file on your vB5 Connect site in order for the mod_rewrite rules to work. The software will not work without it.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

I tried to reupload the .htaccess file onto the public html folder but it still doesn't work. How do I go about it? Thank you very much

Comment

Try re-downloading the entire package again from the members area, and uploading it in ASCII format, making sure the files are set to overwrite.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Hi

I have the following email reply from hostgator after emailing them for help.

Can anyone help with this?

Much appreciated
          -----

Hello,

Thank you for writing to us about this issue today. It is my pleasure to assist you.

I have taken a look at your site and its configuration. It appears that the current .htacces file is correct, but there is is now a syntax error in some of the PHP files.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in /home/culltail/public_html/forums/core/vb5/route.php on line 920

It appears that for this specific syntax error the $className::getHashKey should be $className->getHashKey.

[[email protected] /home/culltail/public_html/forums]# sed = core/vb5/route.php |sed 'N;s/\n/\t/g' |grep -C 5 920
          915 $className = self::getClassName($routeId, $routeInfo);
          916 if (!class_exists($className))
          917 {
          918 return '#';
          919 }
          920 $hashKey = $className::getHashKey($options, $data, $extra);
          921 $cache = vB_Cache::instance(vB_Cache::CACHE_FAST);
          922 $fullURL = $cache->read($hashKey);
          923 if (empty($fullURL))
          924 {
          925 $route = new $className($routeInfo, $data, http_build_query($extra), $anchor);

We attempted to alter the file to correct the error however additional syntax errors began to present themselves. I see that you're running vBulletin 5 beta. Unfortunately, you will get to get into contact with vBulletin to see if they know the correct way to fix this error.

Please let us know if you need any additional information regarding this issue.

Comment

If your installation is in the /forums directory, the vBulletin .htaccess file should be there not at the public_html level. Please make sure you upload it to the correct location.
            Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
            -
            *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
            - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

The .htaccess file is no longer in the public html folder but the problem still exists. How should I go about solving this problem?

Comment

Since you now have it in your /forums directory, add this line after the line turning Rewrite On.

RewriteBase /forums/

And what version of PHP and MySQL are you running?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment