Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• humpty
    replied
    I can see how having people in several groups can be an issue - thankfully I only have my members in one group each so it's not an issue for me.

I didn't look the page over fully and see all of the options, focus tends to lie on what the eye catches first and the realisation that scrolling down to see all the other options is often missed; my bad lol.

As for the members requiring moderation, this isn't working - or wasn't in Beta 24 (just seen Beta 25 is available) and was the reason I raised the question; now that I am fully cognisant of all the options I can filter away

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by humpty View Post
    It would also be useful for moderation purposes so you could see at a glance (even filter perhaps) those new members awaiting moderation or who have not clicked on the verification link in the email sent to them.
    In the right columns of the information table on your AdminCP home page, it has a link to view users awaiting moderation. You can filter users by user group using the Search for User's tool or by going to Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager and selecting view Primary Users off the tools dropdown. If you go to the Search for Users page, it has preconfigured searches at the top as well.

On many sites, displaying the usergroups on the search results page will cause other issues. For instance, I know you're in at least three different usergroups on this site because you have more than 2 posts and you can post in customer only areas. Some people on this site have 6 or 7 different usergroups.

Leave a comment:

• humpty
    replied
    Thanks Mark - I'll have a delve into it and see what I can do; I don't mind poking around in code as long as I know where to look and what to look for lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Just as a matter of interest, the setting is in user.php you need to find:

Code:
    'display[usergroup]', 0);
    Change the '0' to '1' and it will always display the user group

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    If it's just a check box then you could edit the admincp php file to add checked="checked" somewhere, however for help with this you'd need to ask on www.vbulletin.org, the modifications site.

Leave a comment:

• humpty
    replied
    OK I got a reply and it seems that the facilities are already there to do this - I just didn't scroll down the page far enough lol. Now, there are check boxes to display what I require, but they are not set as default and there's no way to save the settings. Is there anyway, either in a template or CSS that I can get the settings I want to remain checked? Basically I want the user group to be permanently checked so that it's displayed every time I do a search without having to scroll down and check it.

Leave a comment:

• humpty
    replied
    Done - thanks Mark

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Please raise these in the Tracker:

vB5 Improvement request
    http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/...91&issuetype=4

vB5 New Feature
    http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/...91&issuetype=2

Leave a comment:

• humpty
    started a topic *Suggestion* AdminCP

*Suggestion* AdminCP

Here's a suggestion (not sure where to post suggestions so I chose here lol):

In the AdminCP when searching for users, it would be useful if their group status could be displayed alongside the other information; this would be helpful in deciding if members are in the correct group, or indeed, if they are in the wrong group.

It would also be useful for moderation purposes so you could see at a glance (even filter perhaps) those new members awaiting moderation or who have not clicked on the verification link in the email sent to them.

As it stands right now, if I am unsure if someone is in the right or wrong group I need to open the full member editor page which makes the task quite a chore - especially if there is an influx of new members.

The users awaiting moderation link is so far not working, so the above would be really useful, even after the AdminCP links are working.