Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappearing Posts

I am getting quiet frustrated.

Posts on my forum are being deleted. At first I thought they were not important posts, but now I see new ones are showing up all the time and important threads are disappearing.

They show up as and always have the date and time I am viewing them:
    Topic deleted by Unknown
    Unapproved, Deleted, Closed:
    Started by Guest,
    01-01-2015, 03:40 PM

I upgraded the forum and, thankfully, they came back. That was just the weirdest and such a scary thing.

Comment

Help! It's NOT gone! Either new ones are happening or not all of them were fixed.

I tell you. I don't need this stress and I am seriously about ready to just ditch my forum all together and have people chat with me on my blog, Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr.

How do I get these back now?

Comment

Please provide the information asked for here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...swered-quickly
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

1. vBulletin Version: 5.1.4 Patch Level 1
          2. PHP Version: 5.4.34
          3. MySQL Version: 5.5.36-cll-lve
          4. Any Addons installed: Forumrunner/Tapatalk
          5. Does the issue occur in a default style? Yes.
          6. Does the issue occur using the English language provided? Yes.
          7. Error message on the screen: None
          8. Browser and Browser version used: Chrome, IE, & Firefox
          9. A list of steps that can be used to recreate the issue. It just appears on it's own. I do nothing.
          Edit: I turned off Forumrunner and Tapatalk after I typed the above, just in case the issue is there.

Edit: See screen shot on my blog post.
          Last edited by Hummie; Wed 7th Jan '15, 12:23pm.

Comment

Do you have Akismet turned on under Settings -> Options -> Spam Management?

The posts haven't really disappeared though. You should be able to undelete and approve them to have them show again.
            Last edited by Wayne Luke; Wed 7th Jan '15, 12:44pm.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Akismet is turned off.

I see no way to undelete them. They do not show up in messages/moderation. Nothing on the post itself is clickable, except "unknown" and it takes me back to the main forum page. There are no boxes to the right to checkmark/select on each post.

Comment

You will need to open a support ticket then... http://www.vbulletin.com/go/techsupport

Wayne Luke

Comment

Yeah. Well, I have one very long ongoing ticket and I posted in there on the 7th and there has been a reply, but no help.

Comment

You should open a new ticket for each issue. It is the best way to get the quickest support. Long ongoing tickets become convoluted and actually take more time to resolve.

Wayne Luke

Comment

For others that might need help on this issue, he turned off guest caching and it seems to have fixed the problem.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X