Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom homepage

Hi all,

I've just moved from VB4 to VB5, however I used to have a custom index.php but now VB5 has its own index.php which directly leads to the forum.
    I've been trying to rename it to forums.php so I could use my own index.php, however that screws up my front page, for instance my sub navigation bar disappears whenever I access the forum with every other method than http://domain.com.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks!

Just a shot in the dark here, but did you try renaming your custom index.php to index.html?

Comment

Originally posted by Replicant View Post
      Just a shot in the dark here, but did you try renaming your custom index.php to index.html?

Well no, I have the index.php that ships with VB5. But I want my own index.php and rename the one from VB to forum.php.

Or what I did try was renaming my own php to home.php and add it to Apache's directory index. However when I navigate from my own home.php (that has a link to domain.com/index.php) so to the forum then the sub navigation bar is gone. I don't know how to fix this, how can I always show the sub navigation bar no matter what?

Thanks.

Comment

What you want isn't supported. Everything in the system points to index.php. You would have to install vBulletin in a subdirectory to completely separate it from your custom index.php page.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          What you want isn't supported. Everything in the system points to index.php. You would have to install vBulletin in a subdirectory to completely separate it from your custom index.php page.

Got it, that might be an option. Thanks.

I don't know why VB5 makes it so hard for me though to do the most simple things. I guess it's just a matter of getting used to

Comment

You could call yours home.php and set the system default page to home.php instead of index.php.

Comment

vBulletin 5 is designed to be a fully encapsulated website. Maybe if you were able to describe what you're trying to do then we could provide better answers.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                You could call yours home.php and set the system default page to home.php instead of index.php.

Yes I did that, tried that but then suddenly my sub navigation bar is gone which is no option. I'll try the subdir option see if that works.

Comment

I don't see how doing that could have affected anything in vBulletin.

Comment

Ok I found the issue and it's probably a bug.

If you edit the button 'HOME' on the main navigation bar, and set it to anything else than http://domain.com or http://domain.com/index.php the sub navigation bar won't show any longer although it does show when you edit the page.

Comment

If you feel it is a bug please enter it here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/...91&issuetype=1

Wayne Luke

Comment