Creating of Social Group discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating of Social Group discussion

Hi, would like to find out if there is any more indepth tutorial for the above?

yesterday, i tried creating a group discussion by following the method taught at video tutorial but few of our members encounter the attached error message. Think there is no issue with the mods, only affecting those invited members under the registered usergrp.

pls help, thank u

Click image for larger version

Name:	Studio_20141230_092209.png
Views:	30
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	4242112
    Attached Files

Check Usergroups > Usergroup Manager > Registered Users (or whatever the name of the usergroup your users are in) > Group Permissions > Can Post Messages in Groups

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Thanks for yr superdude reply, cheers! Will try it.

Comment

Can i ask if the setting can be done under channel member under the grp category?

Comment

No, don't assign anyone to the channel member or channel owner group. That is automatically assigned when someone joins or creates a group. Assign group create/join permissions in the normal user groups.

Comment

thanks for all reply. I have another issue here with the creation of grp discussion.

I wanted to delete the 2nd item and keeping the 1set item, however there is an error show up and doesn't allow me to delete (pls see attached), may i know why is that so?

pls help, thank you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	group discussion 1.png
Views:	26
Size:	295.9 KB
ID:	4242264 Click image for larger version

Name:	group discussion 2.png
Views:	27
Size:	343.1 KB
ID:	4242265
            Attached Files

Comment

I have not run into this issue, but if you go to that social group, click the administrative button above the group icon in the group summary, there should be a delete group option on the drop down menu.

Comment

You cannot delete social groups from the admincp, it's a bug. http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-6817

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

Thanks for replying, is there any ongoing solution for this issue now?

Comment

As a temporary solution, am I able to delete the Group Nav Tab in the site builder and re-create the Social Group again? Thank you.

Comment

Did you try just deleting the social group via the method in post 7?

Comment

Thanks for replicant help, have tried your method of deleting the group, it works.

Thanks Lynne for the reply.

But, I have yet to re-create another social group and re-try the invitation the members.

Comment