Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to I add a page to the nav bar of my forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to I add a page to the nav bar of my forum?

Hi,

So I found the video that showed how to add a rules page to the forum, but it wasn't enough to enable me to do it myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYdoa7Zc7xA

For starters, it shows uploading an html version of the rules - isn't there a way of adding such a rules page without having to know html to do it? Can't I copy the content into a wysdwyg editor type of thing within vBulletin - or does no such thing exist?

And if I do have to figure out how to write an html version of this page, is there any particular tool that's easy for a total newb like me to get the hang of?

I'm using the latest version of vB5, plus the latest patch has been applied - this is a brand new install on a brand new forum.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide - it's much appreciated!!

Anyone know the answer?

Comment

There is no WYSIWYG editor for adding an HTML module. You just need to type in HTML there. Many text editors will help you with HTML there days. Basically, just start all paragraphs with a <p> and end it with a </p>. Do that for every paragraph and you should end up with a page that has several paragraphs on it. If you need some more specific help with writing the HTML, then I would suggested posting on vbulletin.org, the modification site, for help.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Ok... that I can handle Next question, will the text display the same as text elsewhere on the site? I assume I don't need to put a style sheet in there or anything, right? (I know nothing about CSS at this point in time)

Thanks for the reply Lynne, much appreciated!!

Comment

There are certain stylesheets included on every page. So, I think it will display just fine for you.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment