Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I allow users to add links (no follow) in their signatures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I allow users to add links (no follow) in their signatures?

Hi,

I'd like to allow users to add a link to their website or blog in their signature - is this possible in vB5 (I have the latest version, patch was just applied)? If so, how do I enable this feature?

I've tried searching these forums, google, and the vBulletin tutorials, and haven't found the answer. Perhaps my trouble figuring this out has something to with my being brand new to setting up a forum hehe

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide - it's much appreciated!

Anyone out there have an answer??? Pretty please??

Comment

Did you check Usergroup Manager > edit Usergroup > Signature Permissions > Allow Link BB Code?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Hi Lynne, Thanks so much for the reply - much appreciated! Allow link bb code is already enabled.

Is there another setting that could be preventing the option of linking in the signature? (I'm assuming it should be possible to add a link much like you would in a forum post, right, ie. no need to use html code to do it, just click on a link button or something?)

Comment

If you click to use the editor when writing your signature, is there a link image (the little chain links next to the image button)?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment