Error loading Post and Error Contacting Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error loading Post and Error Contacting Server

I'm having some problems with my vbulletin 5 forum in that when you try to navigate through the pages using the pagination bar is always throws up this error message, if you click on ok and then hit refresh the page you are on the page you just tried to get to. Anyone know what could cause this?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	navigate-pages.png
Views:	48
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	4235523

If you reply to someones thread the forum throws up this error message. If you start a new thread however it's not a problem.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	reply-to-thread.png
Views:	20
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	4235524
    I'm not quite sure what's gone wrong but could use some pointers in finding a solution please. It's stopping our users actually using the site.
    Attached Files

Have you checked your error_logs (if you don't know where they are, ask your host) to see if there is anything in there when this happens?

Try going into debug mode and see if you can get a better error. If this is a live site, I would suggest putting a condition around the debug lines so it only shows to your IP:

To enable debug mode edit the /config.php file and change:

Code:
    $config['debug'] = false;
    To:
    Code:
    $config['debug'] = true;
    Then edit the /core/includes/config.php file and change:

Code:
    // $config['Misc']['debug'] = true;
    To:
    Code:
    $config['Misc']['debug'] = true;
    To set that up for only your IP address (replace xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with your IP), put these lines around the code:

Code:
    if($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] == "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx") {
    CODE HERE
    }

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Ok I have enabled debugging where do I go from here? Is this something I can tie in with firebug?
      I'll check with my hosting provider but in the meantime how can I use this debugging system of vbulletin?

Comment

Check Firebug > Net tab > XHR tab while you navigate between topic pages. Look for /activity/get AJAX request and check the Response. You should see detailed php error messages.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

Thank's for that. Here is the responses I get when trying to page through a thread (all info taken from firebug):

HTML
          HTML Code:
          Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /websites/LinuxPackage05/8g/tg/dx/8gtgdx-106803.{{my_hosting_provider}}/public_html/forums/core/includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2699

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /websites/LinuxPackage05/8g/tg/dx/8gtgdx-106803.{{my_hosting_provider}}/public_html/forums/core/includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2699

Here is the response I get when I try to post a reply to a thread

HTML Code:

Comment

What version of PHP and MySQL are on your server?

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
              What version of PHP and MySQL are on your server?
              Hi Lynne,

MySQL Version:
              • MySQL client version: 5.1.73

PHP Version:
              • PHP Versiuon 5.5.9

Last edited by Necroshen; Mon 22nd Dec '14, 12:24am.

Comment

Is this a fresh install or an upgrade?

Are you running 5.1.4?

Do you have the option to choose PHP5.4 instead of PHP5.5?

Comment

Is this a fresh install or an upgrade?

Are you running 5.1.4?

Do you have the option to choose PHP5.4 instead of PHP5.5?
                  Hi Lynne, this is an upgrade. I cannot see an option to change my php version in my hosting providers control panel.

Comment

Hi Lynne, my hosting provider upgraded my PHP Version to 5.5.9 but it didn't help I have no requested them to try 5.4 is that correct?

Comment

I know there were issues with 5.x and PHP5.5, whereas it worked fine with PHP5.4. So, I would ask your host to go back to PHP5.4 and then see if you still have the same issues.

Comment

I know there were issues with 5.x and PHP5.5, whereas it worked fine with PHP5.4. So, I would ask your host to go back to PHP5.4 and then see if you still have the same issues.
                        I contacted my hosting provider and they have said that they cannot offer version 5.4 but they can offer 5.3 or 5.5
                        My forum is totally broken due to this error and people have stopped using it. Is there anything else I can try?

Comment

Friendly bump ^^

Comment

Give 5.3 a try.

Comment