Put HTML here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put HTML here

Hello there. I am about to embark on another aspect of this massive learning curve and I need your help. I have given up on permissions for the time being because I am not getting very far there.
    What I want to do now is experiment with the HTML module but I have no idea where to start.

Can somebody, preferably Mr Luke or Mr Hannant (they have both been a very valuable assist in my thirst for development) supply me with some HTML to slot into the HTML module so I can see a good example of what it is capable of?
    Maybe I ask too much because there may be pictures involved and I don't have them on my hard drive but that doesn't matter, it will serve to point me in a direction.

Anything, examples or whatever.

That is all for now, thank you....

What do you want to show there? I could give you code example that simply shows "Hello" in there or could give you an image that links to a page...

If you need help with creating HTML code to show something, I'd suggest first learning basic HTML here:

http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
    - "Quick Route" Interface...
    - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

Trevor, I would like to see something just to demonstrate what it is about. Something that transforms the page maybe?
      I don't know mate, throw in a fine example. I am sure others will copy the code to see for themselves.
      Cheers...

Comment

The module can do anything you can do in HTML. Including creating complex webpages embedded in your site. Could build something as simple as a paragraph or as complex as a video game. Most will do something in between. All depends on your HTML skills. I doubt any example we provide would translate to most sites though.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Here is a great site to convert plain text into html. You can use this in the widget to test it out. I have used it several times. Its cool because you can type everything the way you want it in a word editor and paste it to this site or the word document to HTML editor and it does the rest for you.

http://www.textfixer.com/html/convert-text-html.php

Comment

Nice one Reklaw, I will look at that and wonder if I can throw in a few images. Good luck with your site, been there a number of times.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, done that.. Thanks all.
            Last edited by DemOnstar; Wed 19th Dec '12, 11:19pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X