Permissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permissions

I really can't get my head around this function.

No matter what I have tried, I am still struggling. As an unregistered user I am still able to edit another persons post.
    This is the only permission at the moment I am trying to deny.

I want to go back to the beginning and revert all, but I have tried that and the headings in permissions still remain red.
    I don't know if it is me who is fault or if it is the system.

I will persist. A guide would be useful.....

Thanks.........

Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager. Edit the default permissions here.

Only edit the channel permissions to override the default permissions.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Nice to know there is someone on hand to help with these matters but the permissions edit skill is still eluding me. I seem to manage to do most things I need to do other than this. Time will tell and I think I have quite a bit of that.

I am pleased with the design and colour scheme so far, it is time to get down to the functionality aspect of which I am not at all familiar.

Thanks.....

Comment

Ok, I have had enough here. It is all too much for now.

Is it a good idea to deny everything for everybody other than administrator (myself)? And then from there work back?
        This to me seems the most logical step towards progression at this stage.

Thank you.....

Comment

I would say that shouldn't deny everything from everyone. That is a nonsense proposition. The basic permissions created during install are enough to open a website. You really shouldn't have to change much.

The default permissions are set to the most used permissions by our customers over thousands of sites and have been tuned over years. The real question is what are you trying to achieve that is so complicated. They are a series of yes and no questions with Yes always overriding No, except with banned user groups.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

I will wait on beta 22 and start with all default settings. I have finished the styling which was where all my time was focused, I am done with that now and I think I have managed to save it too, which is a bonus. We shall see.
            And if it isn't saved, I will do it all again but quicker.

I haven't looked at the function side of it yet, my god, I can't even build a forum or do anything in groups or permissions or whatever else lies in there. Ha Ha.

But it looks good and I am ok with that.

Thanks for your time and patience all concerned, I will give my eyes a break from the screen now and end those tedious questions.

Comment